Pivital Wednesday Night Game 4's

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

flyers2011

Pivital Wednesday Night Game 4's

Post by flyers2011 »

Big Wednesday night games in the Western Conference Semi' Finals. The pressure is on the Lasalle Vipers and the Leamington Flyers, neither team wants to fall behind 3-1. I personally feel if the Flyers win tomorrow night in London they will take this series. A loss however will make it very difficult to come back and win 3 in a row against Justin Tugwell. As for the Vipers they definatley do not want to be facing elimination going into the Sarnia Arena. Would be a very tough task. Should be a great night of hockey
End of a era in Leamington
Port hockey1

Re: Pivital Wednesday Night Game 4's

Post by Port hockey1 »

I'm thinking whoever wins tomorrow wins the series. A Leamington win gives them momentum, a London win sends their confidence through the roof.

Quick & Amante need to play their best hockey for the Flyers to win. Quick is really good at getting under the oppositions skin, Amante always seems to be clutch. Getting Worrad back would be a huge boost for London.

Should be a close game.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

flyers and Port, I think you've pretty much nailed it. I've thought from the get-go that Sarnia would emerge on top from their series and nothing's changed my mind on that. London and Leamington is too close to call, but I have to give a slight edge to the Nats. They're up 2-1, heading home after a very close loss on the weekend, and they (hopefully) have two key players coming back into the line up tonight with Wooley and Worrad. I am obviously and unapologetically biased toward the Nats, but I have to say I don't think they've played their best games yet against the Flyers, or at least not complete games. Tugwell's play has allowed them to survive some horrific defensive play at times, and they have yet to it their full stride offensively with Worrad out. The Free Press has a big feature on Kelly Thomson in today's paper (link below) which will provide some extra motivation for the boys to "play for the coach." They've figured out how to reduce their shots against from 70 down to 45 and then to 32. All that said, Leamington has a great team and they haven't yet seen enough production in this series from guys like Quick, Scott and Amante. If they finally start to spark, look out...

http://www.lfpress.com/2015/03/17/londo ... ive-resume
leafs63

Post by leafs63 »

I see both the Flyers & Vipers won tonight and they are both in a best of 3 series now. Good luck to both, would love to see an Essex county Championship.
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

Looks like a convincing win for the Vipers tonight. Good for them to even the series at home. Has to be a confidence builder, especially when they out-scored, out-shot and played a more disciplined game relative to penalties. In London, meanwhile, no offensive punch from the Nats. 0-4 on the pp and just couldn't seem to get any high quality chances, though 28 shots isn't bad. Tugwell had, surprise, another great game, letting only one by him on 33 shots. Despite only a 5-shot differential, Flyers were the better team tonight by a margin greater than what showed on the scoreboard. Worrad and Wooley didn't give the lift I expected; Worrad didn't log much ice and was missing a step in his stride. But tomorrow's another game. At the end of this night, Flyer's won on a pp goal -- the only London penalty of the night -- and an empty netter. One good bounce for the Nats and it could have been a different outcome. Whoever wins tomorrow will go to the final.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Huge key to this game was Michael Barrett making 15 saves in the Third period as the Nationals Pressed to tie the game. Gutty win by the Flyers.
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

Yes, full credit to Barrett, especially winning back to back games. Do you figger he'll get the nod again tonight? He's typically your home starter.
rhinomark50

Post by rhinomark50 »

Qwerty wrote:Yes, full credit to Barrett, especially winning back to back games. Do you figger he'll get the nod again tonight? He's typically your home starter.
Who knows who is going to play tonight. I'd assume Wheaton will play tonight, but Piroski already broke his rotation, which is unlike him. He's usually pretty set on his ways (rotating goalies, rolling four lines), if Barrett plays tonight either Wheaton is hurt/sick or Piroski has finally chosen a goalie after an entire season and 6 playoff games.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I know it's not over yet, and the fat lady ain't tuning up just yet for anyone, but I think London's in trouble. They've let the Flyers back into this series, and if they play like they did last night, it'll be over Fri. night.

I saw no 'get up and go' from the Nats and it was pointed out to me that Leamington was playing the trap, I don't pick up on plays like that, and the Nats couldn't figure out how to counter it.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

What was a 7-game series is now a 3-game series. Not a bad place to be for a team that many said would be swept or maybe steal one game vs Chatham, and same again vs Flyers. Last night's loss was an inevitable wake-up call for the Nats who were maybe starting to put too much stock in their "under dog" press profile, and let up. They're going to have to grind it out to win. Plain and simple.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

I'd go with Barrett tonight but im hearing Wheaton will start. Both goalies have proven to be very good though.