Falcons dump Welland

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Falcons dump Welland

Post by Port hockey1 »

6-0 is the final, wasn;t at the game but I see Ruggi took a bad penalty. Falcons looked to be in control from the start of the second period.

Did Welland show up for the last two periods, or were the Falcons that good?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
zantimisfit

Re: Falcons dump Welland

Post by zantimisfit »

Welland played a good first period but the Falcons took it to them in the second period by outplaying them. Ruggi took a stupid cheapshot penalty when the Falcons were up 4-0 but what do you expect from Ruggi. As far as I know no relatives of the Falcon organization were members of the officiating crew tonight. :roll:
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

Wow. what a horrible game by Welland. And yes, gonna admit, St.cath played a well played game. Another 40 + shot game against Janzen, and the bouncing puck wasnt going Wellands way. Penalties killed Welland. If Welland continues to take penalties, their not gonna fair well against such a strong power play team.
SHOOT THE PUCK WELLAND !!!!!
Volvoman

Post by Volvoman »

I thought Welland played a good first period. Score could have been tied or even Welland ahead after the 1st if it wasn't for some bad breaks. (sticks breaking, fanning on shots). But after that, it was all St.Catharines. Welland couldn't keep to their game and give full credit to the Falcons. They capitalized on almost all the good scoring chances. Thought the Welland goalie actually played a good game except for a bad bounce/misplayed puck off the back boards which resulted in a goal. Refs actually did a decent job as well. (no pointing fingers at them this game). A couple of bad penalties when Welland couldn't control their temper and retaliated-Stortz, slashing, Ruggi- major.
Also, can't figure out these kids sometimes about when they decide to shoot the puck! They wait..wait...until someone's in front of them...then shoot. Right off the defending shin pad! Really? Or they want that 'one more pass'! Come on Welland!!! Shoot the puck!!!!!