Welland sends Fort Erie home

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Welland sends Fort Erie home

Post by Port hockey1 »

Welland wins 2-1, Stortz scored the winner early in the third period. Chris Janzen was solid in goal, hopefully he sees the crease in the 2nd round, he's earned it all season!

So much for those predicting a seven game series. I said Welland would be ready, 5 games against a relentless Fort Erie team will help in round 2. The Falcons are a very talented team. But they don't work hard often. Mostly late in games, they have the ability to score in bunches when they buckle down.

Welland needs to do exactly what Fort Erie has done if they're going to beat the Falcons...play whistle to whistle like their trailing by a goal in game 7. No lead is safe against St.Catharines. They have vets that have played at high speeds in the OHL.

They have two ex McDavid teammates. Welland can beat them, but take just one second off...that will be all it takes for St.Catharines to capitalize.

Go Welland!!!
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caledonia Fan

Re: Welland sends Fort Erie home

Post by Caledonia Fan »

If Welland meets St Kitts in the second round which is probability .
No problem Welland in six games.I could write the reasons but its obvious.
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

Caledonia Fan wrote:If Welland meets St Kitts in the second round which is probability .
Well then, since "it's obvious", I guess we will find out how smart you really are. On the other hand, if the Falcons win, you will look like a total doofus. :lol:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

zantimisfit wrote:
Caledonia Fan wrote:If Welland meets St Kitts in the second round which is probability .
Well then, since "it's obvious", I guess we will find out how smart you really are. On the other hand, if the Falcons win, you will look like a total doofus. :lol:
Nothing obvious about this series. A team with a lot of fire power vs a team that relies on D. Should be a great series.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

Well, Mr. Obvious, the only thing obvious is that you know nothing about hockey and you ended up looking like a total doofus.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

zantimisfit wrote:
Well, Mr. Obvious, the only thing obvious is that you know nothing about hockey and you ended up looking like a total doofus.
But isn;t that the same for you Zant?? I mean, you said St.Catharines would take care of the "bushleaguers" last year in the finals. :P

Making a prediction this year?
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

Port hockey1 wrote:I mean, you said St.Catharines would take care of the "bushleaguers" last year in the finals. :P
Don't try and put words in my mouth. Never once said the Falcons would beat Caledonia last year (just go and try to find one post where I said that). Just said I'd like to see Caledonia "settle it on the ice" between both teams, which they did and the rest is history. As for making a series prediction, I never make series predictions. I just hope for a good entertaining series and may the best team win.
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Well I will make a bold prediction......Caledonia in 5. Clearly a better team.

It's just too bad such a good team needs to use such (I'll use your words) bush league tactics. From reporting back up goalies in games they're not even involved in, to naming their trainer one of the 3 stars, very unnecessary for a team that can handle any issues on the ice with great effectiveness.
Last edited by goalie34 on Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

Well, that we can agree on goalie34....Caledonia players & team on the ice = excellent.....Caledonia organization = bush league!!!
LeafsFan1984

Post by LeafsFan1984 »

goalie34 wrote:. From reporting back up goalies in games they're not even involved in.

Elaborate
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

zantimisfit wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:I mean, you said St.Catharines would take care of the "bushleaguers" last year in the finals. :P
Don't try and put words in my mouth. Never once said the Falcons would beat Caledonia last year (just go and try to find one post where I said that). Just said I'd like to see Caledonia "settle it on the ice" between both teams, which they did and the rest is history. As for making a series prediction, I never make series predictions. I just hope for a good entertaining series and may the best team win.
Well I'm not going to look for the thread. I apologize for getting your wording wrong zant.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

LeafsFan1984 wrote:
goalie34 wrote:. From reporting back up goalies in games they're not even involved in.

Elaborate
He's still crying about the protest that cost the Falcons first place last season. :lol: Chatham has lost 6 points to protest in 2 years now.

Good teams win at any cost. I honestly cant wait for the Falcons to do something similar, wan't to see where Zant stands.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

zantimisfit wrote:Well, that we can agree on goalie34....Caledonia players & team on the ice = excellent.....Caledonia organization = bush league!!!
Nope, they treat their players great. That's a great organization. I'm sure the Falcons would've done the same for first place.

In fact, we all know they would've.