Welland pushes Fort Erie to the brink of elimination

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Welland pushes Fort Erie to the brink of elimination

Post by Port hockey1 »

Welland beat Fort Erie 3-2 in double OT to take a commanding 3-1 series lead. Jake Shaw led Welland with 2 goals including the OT winner, Brayden Stortz scored Welland's other goal. Wade Kenny and Dakota Miskolczi scored for Fort Erie.

Welland outshot the Mets 49-43. Hunter Johnson made the start and was solid.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Re: Welland pushes Fort Erie to the brink of elimination

Post by Port hockey1 »

Johnson was replaced in OT...Not sure if Osborne is losing his mind or what...
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Hockey Mom

Post by Hockey Mom »

You must not have been at the game.....Fort Erie player got hauled down on a breakaway and slid into Johnson, injuring him at the beginning of the first overtime. Janzen went in cold off the bench to face the penalty shot and made the big save. He went on to shut them out into double OT for the win.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Hockey Mom wrote:You must not have been at the game.....Fort Erie player got hauled down on a breakaway and slid into Johnson, injuring him at the beginning of the first overtime. Janzen went in cold off the bench to face the penalty shot and made the big save. He went on to shut them out into double OT for the win.
Nope didn't make it. What a way for Janzen to enter the game. :)
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

I never made it to the game either.But sounds like it was a fantastic game back and forth, good goal tendering,penalty shot,goalie gets hurt back up comes in and stones theme.overtime.
But i see Welland scored the winner on the power play i hope it was a good call,
you hate to see a bad penalty in overtime or should i say double overtime.
It sounds like St Kitts and Thorold had a great game too Thorold leaning 4-1 late in the 3rd and St Kitts pops 3 goals in to tie it and Thorold pulls it out in overtime.Someone on this forum did said Thorold goaltender would steal a game good call.
Another exciting series was Ancaster and Niagara i saw both games in Ancaster two games went to overtime, another buy a goal,the other game by two but one was a empty net Niagara deserved better just to many penalty's.
Volvoman

Post by Volvoman »

Re:Caledonia Fan
It was a good game, FE played a good tight checking game. The O.T. penalty call was a good call. High sticking and cut the chin open on the Welland player. (ref tried to keep it even as best as possible, only 2 min penalty, although he was bleeding-hmm, didn't quite get that). Anyway, tonights game will be a good one, no doubt. If Welland opens up a big lead, I really hope F.E.'s colours don't show threw and try to take out Welland's players at the end of the game.
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

OK, good post by Caledonia fan, and volvoman, BUT.... come on people, STOP calling Janzen the back up goalie. OMG. Who took Welland to where they are all season??? Janzen !!! Janzen has to be one of the best all round goalies i've seen in awhile. Quit looking at the goals against (which still arent too bad), but look at the save percentage !! Janzen has been up in the top 3 goalies all season, and most time, the top save percentage goalie. Just to be shafted by the coach in the playoffs with aquiring Johnson. Love watching that kid play net ! always a pleasure !!! Janzen will do just fine against St. Cath. I believe Welland has a great shot at taking them !!!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

wolfman wrote:OK, good post by Caledonia fan, and volvoman, BUT.... come on people, STOP calling Janzen the back up goalie. OMG. Who took Welland to where they are all season??? Janzen !!! Janzen has to be one of the best all round goalies i've seen in awhile. Quit looking at the goals against (which still arent too bad), but look at the save percentage !! Janzen has been up in the top 3 goalies all season, and most time, the top save percentage goalie. Just to be shafted by the coach in the playoffs with aquiring Johnson. Love watching that kid play net ! always a pleasure !!! Janzen will do just fine against St. Cath. I believe Welland has a great shot at taking them !!!
Who said he was the backup? I've been saying the same thing you're saying since they brought Johnson in.