Welland-F.E. games-reffing

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Volvoman

Welland-F.E. games-reffing

Post by Volvoman »

Just came from the Welland - Fort Erie game. I have never seen such pathetic, terrible decision making made by referees! Where do these guys come from? Is there no accountability for such poor officiating? Two particular calls: 1st super bad call- a dive and turn on a hit. Welland player-hits Fort Erie player and the guy goes down like a ton of bricks. They carry him off the ice barley alive, feet wobbling. Stupid refs fall for it and they asses a 5 min MAJOR! Player goes to the bench, smiles and laughs and is out on the PP next whistle. Wow!
2nd- Welland scores a goal, FE players attack them (as they are in the huddle high fiving) and a scrum of pushing and shoving starts. (this is well away from the net with no taunting or anything). Welland ends up short handed and #21 (Mella i think), gets tossed. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??
How does everyone put up with this? Everyone should be firing letters off to the reffs association or wherever they are suppose to go! My god, I don't know HOW that coach from Welland held his anger in!
Well, anyway. I guess that's why these refs are here at this level and not at a higher level. And they obviously know that nothing can or will be done, so they don't improve or get any better.
Just terrible!
Port hockey1

Re: Welland-F.E. games-reffing

Post by Port hockey1 »

Pathetic reffing is a tradition in this league. Fort Erie likes to get dirty. Not hard to figure out why either. Just look at their owner and the atmosphere he has put in the dressing room year after year.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
wolfman

Re: Welland-F.E. games-reffing

Post by wolfman »

There were refs at the game...wow...i didnt see any.