Mighty Maroons eliminated in First Round

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

flyers2011

Mighty Maroons eliminated in First Round

Post by flyers2011 »

The Chatham Maroons were emlinated tonight by the 7th place London Nationals. Congrats to the Nats. Surprising Chatham went with Patterson tonight. Maybe my favourite Chatham couple will make it out to some Flyer games now since the Maroons are done.
End of a era in Leamington
shady

Re: Mighty Maroons eliminated in First Round

Post by shady »

Bo wasn't feeling right after the melee last night . thought Patterson did well with being out shot the way they were. And OT goal sounded like it was a really nice goal ! So can't blame Patterson.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Sounded like Patterson played vintage hockey tonight. Had a feeling Bo might be light headed.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
insanity

Post by insanity »

absolutely Port, that's a lot of shots, Holy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

WTH Chatham?!?!?! Last year, I wouldn't give you guys a series and you kept winning, this year, I give you the first round, and you can't get it done. WTH?!

Congrats to London. In the 3rd period, it looked like you weren't sure if you really wanted the win, then you wouldn't leave the bench for intermission, and then you end it 32 seconds into OT.

It's a tall order to knock off the 2nd place team, but you did it. I think if London has proved anything, you can't count a team out.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

Maroons badly outplayed, which was surprising. That Patterson started was surprising, too. But he played well and kept them in it. Shots told the story tonight. Hats off to the Nats for a decisive win in a low-scoring game against the league's most offensive club.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I know Chatham led the GOJHL in goals, making them the most offensive team in the league on paper. But I think Caledonia is easily the most offensive team in the GOJHL. That will be seen in the Championship rounds.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Caledonia is a good offensive team.But it's there team defense that wins them games as the old saying goes.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

When a number 7 can take a number two team to 6 games and upset them.
This just tells me how strong and competitive the Western Conference teams are.
I always thought the Midwest has the most competitive teams.
Legionofdoom

Post by Legionofdoom »

The west is always the stronger side, year after year the playoff races are always tighter...the lower teams in the standing have more points than the bottom teams in the other conference. Usually just the 9th place team that is never in the hunt...but anyone can beat anyone really. Of course, not having Verboom and Morgan probably didn't help. On the bright side...the fans in the West can rejoice...the Maroons are out!