Pelham's shameful season comes to an end

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Pelham's shameful season comes to an end

Post by Port hockey1 »

The Pelham Panthers season came to a screeching halt tonight as Caledonia humiliated them 12-1. Caledonia fired 74 shots on goal one game after dumping Pelham 18-0.

Time for the league to take a long look at Pelham. They only had 6 players that would've made St.Marys.(second worst record) If they cannot get Jr.B talent they should be removed from the league. It only hurts the other teams when they're playing a team that bad.

The scores get out of hand, and that is Pelham's own fault. If the league doesn't step in there will be some explaining to do.

It is well known that parents with any knowledge about that organization keeps their kids away. So how do you develop players when they don't want to be there? How is being humiliated every game good for any kids career? Only 2 or 3 kids returned from last year. Ackerman quit, that is why he was moved this season.

You cant develop when nobody will stay. It is the owners own fault, treat players, fans & volunteers with respect and they'll be loyal. Just look at Caledonia & St.Catharines...Loyalty will attract players. Dishonesty and ignorance...Kids would rather go home than put up with that...As Ackerman did.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
jfvoll

Re: Pelham's shameful season comes to an end

Post by jfvoll »

If you look 2 years ago, Port Colborne, now Pelham had 74 pts in the regular season. Brantford Golden Eagles, now Caledonia, did not have any wins in 1997-98. It's just a cycle with Junior hockey. Heck, look how long Jr. B was in Owen Sound before they were finally moved? Or Buffalo before they folded for this year?
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

jfvoll wrote:If you look 2 years ago, Port Colborne, now Pelham had 74 pts in the regular season. Brantford Golden Eagles, now Caledonia, did not have any wins in 1997-98. It's just a cycle with Junior hockey. Heck, look how long Jr. B was in Owen Sound before they were finally moved? Or Buffalo before they folded for this year?
No sir. In Port, when Toffolo took over it was downhill. Every season top players refuse to return and are traded. If he wont trade them, they drop down to Jr.C.

The cycle with Tim is, he lies to his players, volunteers and fans. Fans & volunteers were leaving Port for over ten years. He's told off long-time volunteers numerous times.

Ask around, many fans and volunteers have been switching to Welland for years. Not easy after supporting a team all those years.

Tim killed Jr.B hockey in Port Colborne. He killed the franchise. Just sell the team and get out of here timmy...never seen a more hated hockey owner, ever!
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Volvoman

Post by Volvoman »

Right on Port 1!!!! We know kids (parents) that have played on the team. They have said exactly that! He lies, twists the truth and NEVER comes through with any of the promises he makes. ALL players should steer clear of that team, never play for him as long as he's the owner!
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Pelham still has a good group to build around Sorrentino(rookie of the year) OConnell,Cranwell,Rooke, Quesnelle, Young,Schmalz and Lauziere.
The Problem might be to keep them there.I don't know to much about ownership but I know he's not well like on this forum and the people who knows about this were Port Colborne fans at one time.I went to one Pelham home game this year. It should get better when the new arena is build.But than again Port Colborne had a beautiful arena.You could get a Subway sub there and Port Colborne had cheerleaders.To bad ownership was't better.
And your right about guys going to JR C LOOK AT Dunnville Mudcats.
I dont know if you can force a team to say drop down to JR C. Every year JR C Grimsby Peach Kings win the Niagara District championship 12 times in a row and counting. Can the league force them to go up to JR B. Last time Grimsby was JR B they got bomb. Maybe someone out there knows i was just wondering how it works.Can you force Pelham down and Grimsby up.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Grimsby is happy in Jr.C and really doesn't want to move up. Good point about the new arena in Port. T.T. begged the city to build it. He said what do I tell kids like "Dayne Phillips" when they tell me they want to play in a new arena?

Then they build it, he gets mad about subway and moves the team. He says they couldn't compete with the Whalers(Jr.A)
He had no problem putting a now defunct Senior A team in Welland where Jr.B had been for decades.

Now he has them playing out of a portable for a dressing room. The reason they will be yet again at the bottom next season is simple. He won't get kids like Cranwell & Sorrentino back. They never come back. He lies and makes broken promises.

He destroys kids careers. B.Ackerman is in his last season of Jr.B hockey. He went home, wasn't fun anymore for him. The trade to the Falcons saved his season.

It's always been a revolving door with that owner. The conversations I've had with angry parents over the years is unbelievable.

One fond memory was M.Quinlin's father. He locked horns with the owner many times and wasn't afraid to tell him to his face what he thought of him. Said his kid had been on two Jr.A teams, he'd never seen an owner like this before.