Chatham @ Lambton Shores Feb 14

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RocketGirl

Chatham @ Lambton Shores Feb 14

Post by RocketGirl »

I'm told the game is postponed tonight due to the weather. I haven't seen anything on Twitter from the teams or OHA.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Lilomnivore

Re: Chatham @ Lambton Shores Feb 14

Post by Lilomnivore »

It has now been confirmed on their Facebook page that the game indeed has been postponed.
mrunsfan

Post by mrunsfan »

Blackburn News reporting game cancelled
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

The game is rescheduled for tomorrow, Tues Feb 17 at 7:30 Shores Rec Centre.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Blades

Post by Blades »

Seems Tuesday is "makeup" day for a few games.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

That's what happens when there's only 1 week left.

I'd heard something that Chatham was considering not playing this game, but since Feasey's in the hunt for the GOJHL scoring title, they're playing it.
Queen of the GOJHL

shady

Post by shady »

I think there is a little more to it ! Chatham still fighting for 2nd place ! I couldn't see them not wanting to play to try and clinch 2nd !
shady

Post by shady »

There you go ! The race for 2nd just got more exciting !
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Chatham obviously wanted to play this game, there only 1 point ahead of Sarnia, Only Leamington and Lambton Shores are guaranteed there positions, the rest of the way will be quite interesting for the remainder of the teams.
End of a era in Leamington
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

With Sarnia's win tonight over St. Marys, LaSalle will finish in 4th and play either Strathroy or St. Thomas.
slap-shot

Post by slap-shot »

Seriously … nobody has said Boo about LS beating the Maroons late night, I thought that would be a big deal.. chasing Patterson from the net...guess not
Drop the puck, the playoffs are here
Blades

Post by Blades »

slap-shot wrote:Seriously … nobody has said Boo about LS beating the Maroons late night, I thought that would be a big deal.. chasing Patterson from the net...guess not
I've kind of been wondering the same thing. The Preds have been difficult to play against lately, or at least it seems that way to me. Could be a very interesting and entertaining series between them and the Flyers.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

slap-shot wrote:Seriously … nobody has said Boo about LS beating the Maroons late night, I thought that would be a big deal.. chasing Patterson from the net...guess not
What's to say? Chatham comes in, probably expecting an easy win, not giving LS their props and they paid for it. No news here. :)
shady

Post by shady »

Chatham knows that there are no easy wins LS has beat them 3 times this season so it is no surprise ! Obviously LS wanted it more and played harder .
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

There's big deals a lot of nights. This is the Western forum, not the Chatham forum. I've seen some interesting things involving top teams not spoken about on here.

Just the way she goes.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

and the maroon haters are back in full swing. does anybody wanna comment about the london/chatham game or is that not going to be talked about because chatham won?
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
slap-shot

Post by slap-shot »

Sure, congratulations to Chatham ( 2nd place) beating London ( 7th place) last night, ......... just isn't as big of deal as 8th place beating 2nd place but it could be just me
I'm not hatin on Chatham, I would have said the same thing if LS beat Sarnia or Leamington
Drop the puck, the playoffs are here
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

shady wrote:I think there is a little more to it ! Chatham still fighting for 2nd place ! I couldn't see them not wanting to play to try and clinch 2nd !
That was just what I'd heard, didn't mean I actually believed it. I'm pretty sure the OHA would make them play that game regardless if it had meant anything or not.

I've been to London's last 3 games and they've only shown up for 1 period per game, usually the 2nd. Last night, it was like they tied that game up and then decided they didn't need to play anymore.

If Sarnia wants 2nd place, they have to win tonight, and then hope that Chatham loses their next 2 games. I don't see that happening.
Queen of the GOJHL

Marcie

Post by Marcie »

There was a time when postponed games were not always played. A look back at final standings will show that not every team played all of there games in years past. Quite often they would wait until the season was over or nearly over to see if a game needed to be played. If it had no effect on the standings, it would not be played. I believe the league made a decision a few years ago that all the scheduled games need to be played.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Marcie wrote:There was a time when postponed games were not always played. A look back at final standings will show that not every team played all of there games in years past. Quite often they would wait until the season was over or nearly over to see if a game needed to be played. If it had no effect on the standings, it would not be played. I believe the league made a decision a few years ago that all the scheduled games need to be played.
I remember seasons like that too. I never liked it though...So many times there would be a kid sitting on 29 or 39 goals and not playing the game would always make you wonder if the milestone would've been reached. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102