Fort Erie & Thorold...Bad blood

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Fort Erie & Thorold...Bad blood

Post by Port hockey1 »

Another dirty hockey game is in the works between these two teams tonight. The score is 3-3 after two. A Fort Erie player exchanged spears with a Thorold player in the first, they then fought and each got 4 minutes for spearing, fighting majors + the instigator to the Thorold player.

Then after a slur of penalties we have a attempt to injure match penalty to a Thorold player late in the second period.

I hope Hubbert doesn't play "angel" again. After a game vs the Falls a couple weeks back he talked about how dirty they were. Said they were all over his best player & were instigating the entire game.

Both teams have clearly played dirty hockey tonight. The fact that Fort Erie picked up V.S. after he was released by Thorold is sure to bring things to a boiling point in the third period.
Last edited by Port hockey1 on Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Re: Fort Erie & Thorold...Bad blood

Post by Port hockey1 »

Gotta say though, the Met's are a well coached team and with a solid effort...They will take their first round opponent to 7 games.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

They now have Welland scared, as this will be the only first round upset.
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

I agree. If there are going to be any first round upsets, it's going to be Fort Erie over Welland. Welland has been going slowly downhill since the new year started and there is no magic button you can press to make yourself play better for the playoffs. Hubbert will have the Meteors all fired up to play Welland which only makes for a dandy series.
Volvoman

Post by Volvoman »

I couldn't agree more-re: Welland vs Mets for playoffs. it's going to be a hell of a series. I think, like always, will come down to goaltending. Edge to FE but if the Janzen boy plays like he can, Welland will take the series. Either way, will be a fun playoff series to watch.
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

Volvoman wrote: if the Janzen boy plays like he can
That might be a problem here. Will Janzen be thinking about having a bad game with Hunter Johnson waiting in the wings? I think Osborne may have screwed with team chemistry when he added Johnson from Sarnia.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

zantimisfit wrote:
Volvoman wrote: if the Janzen boy plays like he can
I think Osborne may have screwed with team chemistry when he added Johnson from Sarnia.
Couldn't agree more. Osborne does have an interesting history though...He's coached teams in the past that looked to be going nowhere late in the season only to have them play on a completely different level in the playoffs.

Really hoping they're ready.