Moderator: RocketGirl

Bruin Fan

Welland Loses Pelham

Post by Bruin Fan »

What is wrong with Welland?
Port hockey1

Re: Welland Loses Pelham

Post by Port hockey1 »

They also lost their best D'man for 7 games. He made a "slur". The kid should be released. No place for that garbage in hockey. :oops:
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

The loss should be a huge eye opener to the players. Time to buckle down.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Letting their guard down by looking past the panthers (maybe)
The old saying taking a team lightly(maybe)
Almost every team in the GOJHL made roster changes to take a shot at a long playoff run.
Welland was so good at the start of the season better than any team in the Golden Horseshoe.
But as the year went on the other teams made changes Welland mostly stay the same.
Trade dead line comes they know they need scoring and they pick up a goalie.
Welland sure didn't need another goalie.What kind of passage are you sending your goaltenders.
Now they have lost there best defenceman and have to big games with St Kitts & Ancaster.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Nothing against Hunter Johnson (he's a good goalie and a good person) but the move by Welland to pick him up at the trade deadline, when it was so obvious that their weak point was scoring goals, was one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen. This move had to come from the very top because their head coach is far to experienced and knowledgeable to ignore the real needs of the team. Sounds to me like a desperate owner thinking he had to do something to ensure second place but had no idea as to what he was doing. :shock:
Bruin Fan

Post by Bruin Fan »

That may be true but the coach should be playing either Janzen or Hunter on a regular basis. They need to get one of them hot for the playoffs this alternating is not doing any good for either of them.

Also some of the coaching decisions being made don't make sense . At the Pelham game you pull your goalie and the extra attacker has one goal all year - what is up with that?

I think Osbornes act is wearing thin with a lot of the players.
LeafsFan1984

Post by LeafsFan1984 »

Janzen is, in my opinion, one of the top goaltenders in the conference and stacks up pretty well to Entmaa and Richard. Welland did not need to bring in a new goalie and this is definitely a bonehead move on their part. I feel that this move sent a message to Janzen that he wasn't good enough in the eyes of management which is obviously not the case. Well coached team but they just simply lack offence.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Bruin Fan wrote:
I think Osbornes act is wearing thin with a lot of the players.
Osborne is one of the best coaches in the league.
LeafsFan1984 wrote:Janzen is, in my opinion, one of the top goaltenders in the conference and stacks up pretty well to Entmaa and Richard. Welland did not need to bring in a new goalie and this is definitely a bonehead move on their part.
Agree 100%