Patterson to get the nod against short-staffed Flyers

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Patterson to get the nod against short-staffed Flyers

Post by Port hockey1 »

Jake Patterson will start tonight in arguably the game of the week as the Maroons face the Flyers. The
Flyers will be without both of their goalies as they're both serving the 2nd game of two game suspensions.

Any predictions?...I'll say 8-3 Chatham...Hope I don't have to eat crow.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Re: Patterson to get the nod against short-staffed Flyers

Post by Port hockey1 »

Anyone know if this has ever happened in the GOJHL before?(both goalies suspended)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
rhinomark50

Post by rhinomark50 »

I've never seen it happen, but Scott Holland is likely the only one that would know off the top of their heads.

Michael DiPietro gets his chance to show off to OHL scouts, as I am sure there will be more than a few making the trip to see how he does against older, more developed talent.

Hopefully it is as good of a game as you expect from these two teams every time.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Ask and you shall receive. From Scott Holland.

Never seen 2 goalie suspensions on one team - so Leamington's is a first.

But there have been instances in the past where a single goalie has been suspended and the regular goalies have been hurt.

In all cases usually an affiliated player has played.

Also there was the famous game in Jan. 1995 when the Windsor Bulldogs came to Leamington with only one goalie and he got injured early. His injury led to a defenseman donning the pads and a 30-3 Leamington victory (Jan. 20, 1995).
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

30-3...Wow. Thanks RG!