Wild night as goalies duke it out

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Wild night as goalies duke it out

Post by Port hockey1 »

Wild game between Leamington & Lambton Shores tonight. A fight early in the third period that saw every other player on the ice get failure to go to the bench misconducts. According to pointstreak the goalies fought at the end of the game...But the minutes played makes it look like it was early in the game.

Leamington pounds them 9-2. Should be an interesting first round of the playoffs. With all that bad blood, the Flyers better be ready to play smart hockey. Or they'll be playing the second round with suspended players.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Re: Wild night as goalies duke it out

Post by RocketGirl »

What's interesting here is that the Flyers have no goalie for Sat when they go to Sarnia.

For shooting the puck over the boards, Barrett's out for 2 games and Wheaton's got 2 for the fight in the last 10 minutes and removing his helmet.

Could make for a fun game at the Brock Street Barn.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Lambton organization doesn't have much class that's for sure. Put your goalie back in with 1 min left to fight. Lambton coach trying to get at the leamington bench, absoulty classless. as much as I don't like Chatham, atleast when we play them its good hockey and usually clean, you should take notes Lambton. Maroons and Sarnia fans will be happy as now Leamington has no goalies haha.
End of a era in Leamington
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:Lambton organization doesn't have much class that's for sure. Put your goalie back in with 1 min left to fight. Lambton coach trying to get at the leamington bench, absoulty classless. as much as I don't like Chatham, atleast when we play them its good hockey and usually clean, you should take notes Lambton. Maroons and Sarnia fans will be happy as now Leamington has no goalies haha.
I take no issue with your comments. With that being said, maybe if you were a little less critical of others comments i.e. personal insults, people wouldn't jump on your back so much.

I know we've had our issues on both boards, but i'm done with the games. Have a good night flyers.

Note: I chose to not use the pm because me and flyers have always had a very public battle on these boards...A battle that I along with the other fans on here are tired of. This will end it from my end. Thank you.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

The goalie situation will be fun for sure. But in the end it might just bring them closer together as a group...I hope not. :smt104
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

I was complimenting the Maroons by the way, not starting something, and only time will tell, but it was quite the night in Leamington, if Leamington finishes first, will make for a crazy first round.
End of a era in Leamington
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:I was complimenting the Maroons by the way, not starting something
I know, just putting it out there. :)
rhinomark50

Post by rhinomark50 »

RocketGirl wrote:What's interesting here is that the Flyers have no goalie for Sat when they go to Sarnia.

For shooting the puck over the boards, Barrett's out for 2 games and Wheaton's got 2 for the fight in the last 10 minutes and removing his helmet.

Could make for a fun game at the Brock Street Barn.
It's worth noting that both Barrett and Muzzin got the puck over the glass gross misconduct, so obviously only one of them did it, but considering Wheaton played the last two minutes, it must of been Barrett and not Muzzin. I don't know the rules when it comes to using players during playoff series in other leagues, if you can use them at all. The Sun County team is also in the playoffs still, and play on Saturday. Essex plays on Saturday and the Windsor AAA team also plays, so that rules out Wall, Hedrick, Lauzon and DiPietro.

Guess they'll have to have one of their position players suit up. lol
rhinomark50

Post by rhinomark50 »

flyers2011 wrote:Lambton organization doesn't have much class that's for sure. Put your goalie back in with 1 min left to fight. Lambton coach trying to get at the leamington bench, absoulty classless. as much as I don't like Chatham, atleast when we play them its good hockey and usually clean, you should take notes Lambton. Maroons and Sarnia fans will be happy as now Leamington has no goalies haha.
They're also the team that had to forfeit the game last year because the coach and players lost their minds and wanted nothing more than to kill Shaw. Who Piroski smartly kept putting out there in that game.

Question further becomes, how many games does Wheaton get since it is his 2nd fight, therefore his 2nd playing without a helmet penalty. I don't know the rules well enough to know if those penalties accumulate when it comes to a goaltender.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Suspensions up on Pointstreak:

Lambton Shores 02/06/15 DEL Harriman-Duke, Andrew (G) placed on league suspension for 2 games
Leamington 02/06/15 DEL Wheaton, Trevor (G) placed on league suspension for 2 games
Leamington 02/06/15 DEL Muzzin, Ryan (D) placed on league suspension for 2 games
Leamington 02/06/15 DEL Campbell, Travis (F) placed on league suspension for 1 games
Leamington 02/06/15 DEL Barrett, Michael (G) placed on league suspension for 2 games