Preds stun Patterson and Maroons

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

flyers2011

Preds stun Patterson and Maroons

Post by flyers2011 »

The Lambton Shores predators knocked off the Chatham Maroons at Memorial Arena 5-4 in OT. The preds scored 5 goals on 29 on Jake Patterson. The preds goaltender must of been solid making 42 saves.
End of a era in Leamington
brad 36

Re: Preds stun Patterson and Maroons

Post by brad 36 »

the preds goalie got lucky the reffing tonight is what decided that game. i really hope provost is a better cop than he is a ref because that display was brutal
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Provost is not a cop.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

hmmm interesting what does he do
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

I doubt he would want me to say what his place of work is, but its nothing to do with being a cop or security or anything like that at all.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Extra, Extra, read all about it...The Chatham Maroons have lost a regular season game. :P

All I had to do was look at the index of the forum. When I saw the last post, I didn't even need to check the box-score. :wink:
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

brad 36 wrote:the preds goalie got lucky the reffing tonight is what decided that game. i really hope provost is a better cop than he is a ref because that display was brutal
Brad, why is it that every time the Maroons lose, you blame it on the refs? Why can't you just say that Lambton Shores battled back and ended up being the better team last night?
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

I am sure Port would blame the refs too, oh wait Port don't go to any Maroons games.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

RocketGirl wrote:
brad 36 wrote:the preds goalie got lucky the reffing tonight is what decided that game. i really hope provost is a better cop than he is a ref because that display was brutal
Brad, why is it that every time the Maroons lose, you blame it on the refs? Why can't you just say that Lambton Shores battled back and ended up being the better team last night?
I dont blame the refs everytime rocket girl but had you been there last night maybe you would understand. the first period was amazing both teams played well then the refs took over from there. im not asking for a perfect ref what i am asking for is an evenly called game last night was far from even but i wouldnt expect anything smart to come out of you or flyers as i didnt see either of you there. Its really easy to look at a game sheet and make conclusions being at the game is a hole different world something both of you know. but thats ok ill start looking at game sheets to and making conclusions about the rockets and flyers like you guys do the maroons as i cant be at every game i would like to be.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Yes you do Brad. Look through your posts, how many times, after the Maroons have lost, have you come in here, complaining about the refs?

My whole point is that you need to give credit where it's due, rather than making excuses for your team losing. Winners overcome adversity, and losers find excuses.

When I first got on here, every time the Rockets lost, I'd say that it's because we played like sh**. I can't remember who the poster was, but they made the same comment to me, that I need to give credit to the other team for being the better team that night. Now that's what I'm doing to you.

I've been to Maroon games where they've lost, and when there's a thread about it, you're in here commenting on the refs, saying that they were horrible, the officiating was an embarrassment, etc., and I didn't think they were all that bad. Example, I was at the games last month when Chatham was in Leamington on Thurs. and then they were in Chatham on Sun playing Leamington. The Thurs. game, I thought it was a good game to watch, so did my Dad, but all of you were in here afterwards complaining about the refs and how horrible of a job they did, how they missed calls, etc. Yes, they did miss calls, or just didn't make them, but it was consistent on both sides and really did not affect the game whatsoever.

And you're right, you can't judge a game based on Pointstreak. And I'll let you in on a little secret, I haven't looked at the box score for that game, mostly because I just don't care. But, you can't fully judge the way a game went based on the box score. You can get a 2-1 game with 4-6 minor penalties called all game, and it could be the most boring, piece of sh** game to watch, or it could be the most exciting, fast-paced, hard-nosed game. Looking at Pointstreak, you can't tell that, you don't know what the flow of the game was like.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

well said Rocketgirl, it was the same thing in the finals last year, it was the refs fault Chatham could only manage to win one game out of 5, instead of saying hey we lost to a better team in Leamington, nope had to blame the refs.
shady

Post by shady »

Well I have no problem saying Chatham didn't capitalize on their chances , many wide open net misses , and Lambton Shores capitalized on all their chances . Refs well what can you say they suck usually every game and usually both ways. And I wouldn't call us losers , its 1 regular season game I am sure we will lose more . And Flyers2011 enjoy it for now because the Flyers won't be on top forever , and then someone can post sh** about them every time they lose like you do with Chatham .
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

the only reason I post when they lose is because of all the BS that was said last season by 2 people on here, Chatham obviously has a good team and will be a force come playoff time. They are one of the favourites to win it.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

shady wrote:Well I have no problem saying Chatham didn't capitalize on their chances , many wide open net misses , and Lambton Shores capitalized on all their chances . Refs well what can you say they suck usually every game and usually both ways. And I wouldn't call us losers , its 1 regular season game I am sure we will lose more . And Flyers2011 enjoy it for now because the Flyers won't be on top forever , and then someone can post sh** about them every time they lose like you do with Chatham .
Don't worry my friend, If Leamington wins the playoffs...You can bet I'll be the first one here to rub every loss to Caledonia in. And how sweet it will be.

But I'm banking on Chatham knocking Leamington out of the playoffs. That, that would be the sweetest thing I could wish for. And we all know anything can happen in the playoffs.

I think a certain poster likes to gloat over here because Lakeshore has to look up at Essex all season...But that's another topic. :P
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

RocketGirl wrote:Yes you do Brad. Look through your posts, how many times, after the Maroons have lost, have you come in here, complaining about the refs?

My whole point is that you need to give credit where it's due, rather than making excuses for your team losing. Winners overcome adversity, and losers find excuses.

When I first got on here, every time the Rockets lost, I'd say that it's because we played like sh**. I can't remember who the poster was, but they made the same comment to me, that I need to give credit to the other team for being the better team that night. Now that's what I'm doing to you.

I've been to Maroon games where they've lost, and when there's a thread about it, you're in here commenting on the refs, saying that they were horrible, the officiating was an embarrassment, etc., and I didn't think they were all that bad. Example, I was at the games last month when Chatham was in Leamington on Thurs. and then they were in Chatham on Sun playing Leamington. The Thurs. game, I thought it was a good game to watch, so did my Dad, but all of you were in here afterwards complaining about the refs and how horrible of a job they did, how they missed calls, etc. Yes, they did miss calls, or just didn't make them, but it was consistent on both sides and really did not affect the game whatsoever.

And you're right, you can't judge a game based on Pointstreak. And I'll let you in on a little secret, I haven't looked at the box score for that game, mostly because I just don't care. But, you can't fully judge the way a game went based on the box score. You can get a 2-1 game with 4-6 minor penalties called all game, and it could be the most boring, piece of sh** game to watch, or it could be the most exciting, fast-paced, hard-nosed game. Looking at Pointstreak, you can't tell that, you don't know what the flow of the game was like.
you may want to read my post about that leamington game because i did say that the refs were bad both ways not just against chatham. and im sorry but when you disallow 2 goals against one team but then credit a goal that was kicked in for the other that is crap but yet again you werent at the game sunday so you wouldnt know what i was refering to anyways.

i think its time to start bashing leamington for a bit since flyers likes to do it to chatham hell since i do work in leamington and the company i am working for has season tickets maybe ill go to the games even since its free and then when leamington looses and i raise hell nobody will be able to tell me where to go or how to get there.
if thats the way things are going to be i can play that game to

PS. i hope leamington looses in the first round and tell your buddy boyer to quit being a little bitch and finally take szekesy on one and for all since he like to run every time steven gets near him :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Hey Port, Lakeshore and Essex have nothing to do with this topic or on this forum, Please stay on topic or ill have to report you :D thanks
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

flyers2011 wrote:Hey Port, Lakeshore and Essex have nothing to do with this topic or on this forum, Please stay on topic or ill have to report you :D thanks
comon like you havent reported him before
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

never once have I reported anyone on this forum, I am sure admin and rocketgirl can back me up on that.
LancerNation

Post by LancerNation »

I heard the Knights are trading Patterson's rights to Erie, anyone else heard anything. Apparently Erie is looking for some experience for a playoff run?????
Blades

Post by Blades »

LancerNation wrote:I heard the Knights are trading Patterson's rights to Erie, anyone else heard anything. Apparently Erie is looking for some experience for a playoff run?????
So what might this mean for the Maroons if his jr A rights send him elsewhere?
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

LancerNation wrote:I heard the Knights are trading Patterson's rights to Erie, anyone else heard anything. Apparently Erie is looking for some experience for a playoff run?????
Wrong Patterson. The Otters are looking into Saginaw's Patterson.
LancerNation

Post by LancerNation »

That's not what I heard from an inside source
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

LancerNation wrote:That's not what I heard from an inside source
Then things are getting interesting here.
LancerNation

Post by LancerNation »

May not happen but apparently the knights have been contacted