Deepest offense

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Deepest offense

Post by Port hockey1 »

Who does everyone think has the most depth up front? I think it's Strathroy. Amazing how that team has come together. After that I'd put Leamington as a close second.

On another note it's looking like the West is getting deeper. London now looks like a contender, St.Thomas is playing pretty good hockey. Lambton Shores has been better as of late. You never know with Sarnia, & of course Chatham looks to be on the right path.

LaSalle looks to be in trouble, St.Marys is St.Marys, not much to talk about there.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
flyers2011

Re: Deepest offense

Post by flyers2011 »

I am not sold on London myself, I thought St Thomas looked better then they did the last time I saw the Stars, was at the last 2 London games against Leamington and Lasalle, and still think there missing something just my opinion, Lambton shores has sure been able to put the puck in the net, they could give whoever they get first round a good series. Lasalle has too much stuff going on, as for deepest offence I agree with Strathroy and Leamington both teams can put any line out and they can be a force.
End of a era in Leamington
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Points earned in December

13 Leamington
12 St. Thomas
10 Strathroy
8 Chatham
8 LaSalle
7 London
6 Sarnia
5 Lambton Shores
2 St. Marys
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

Hard to argue against Leamington right now. Most goals for and, of greater importance IMO, lowest goals against. True offensive depth needs to be measured not just by # of pucks in the net, but also on whether or not your forwards play 200 feet. Flyers are the only West team at this point in the season that can measure up against the likes of Caledonia (league's best @ 148 GF and 50 GA) and Elmira in the other divisions. However, lots of hockey still to play post-Christmas and will be interesting to watch how teams with new personnel gel (or don't). Dark horse teams that peak down the home stretch often maintain their mojo in the post-season if they stay healthy.