Goals & Assists on Gamesheet

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

GoWest

Goals & Assists on Gamesheet

Post by GoWest »

How is it possible with all of the eyes on the game and the existing technology that the credit for goals & assists on the official gamesheet is always wrong? In the last week alone I witnessed 3 errors that were never corrected, including kids getting points when they weren't even on the ice!

Of course it's a team game and no one wants to appear selfish but they should at least get credit for what they've done.

Is there no way to fix this?
Blades

Re: Goals & Assists on Gamesheet

Post by Blades »

It can get fixed during the game but only if it is caught in time and the call is made by one of the refs.
It can get fixed post game if the team wants a change and the ref OKs it before the gamesheet becomes finalized.
It can get fixed after the game is finalized only if one of the teams requests it. I think the request must come from the team's PS contact person and *perhaps* OK'd with the opposing team. This is the one that I think gets reversed the least. Not sure why but I have a few thoughts about it.

Regardless, some of the stats on PS are wrong, especially the power play and penalty kill stats from teams who let PS fill in those numbers automatically. I've seen where a 10 minute misconduct is counted as a PP for one team and we all know that those misconducts don't count as a power play or a penalty kill for either team. I've been telling this to people for years and some people actually took the time to look at what was coming up on the gamesheet and discovered that the software was incorrectly calculating.

GoWest -- I guess what I'm saying is that mistakes are made and it's up to the people involved to ensure it's as correct as possible. Not only do we deal with human errors but there's software issues too. Wonder how much leagues have to complain before they fix the code.

Guess we should be grateful that we at least get most of the game information live ... well sometimes :D
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic