Missing threads

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Missing threads

Post by Port hockey1 »

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed most of the older threads are gone? When you look at the top or bottom of the page there's 55 pages of threads dating back a number of years.

Some of those older threads were fun to read from time to time, mostly the Sutherland Cup threads. When I click on page 5 or higher it says there's nothing there to view. :?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
rhinomark50

Re: Missing threads

Post by rhinomark50 »

I've noticed that on a few other boards hosted by the same people. Not sure if it is just coincidence or an update wiped out threads on their server.
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Those threads were removed by me via a pruning process. I've removed threads based on a single criteria, if it hasn't been read/viewed in the last 6 months, it was removed. I still have a backup of all those old posts, but they serve little value to keep them live as the database gets huge and will eventually slow the forum down when searching.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I understand, was just wondering if they were taken down or had been deleted by mistake.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102