Flyers comeback against Maroons

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

flyers2011

Flyers comeback against Maroons

Post by flyers2011 »

The Leamington Flyers battled back from 3-1 and 4-3 deficits to send Chatham to there 5th loss in 6 games. Pretty good game, neither goalie had there best game, couple gifts both ways, nice crowd on hand and 326 teddy bears thrown onto the ice.
End of a era in Leamington
brad 36

Re: Flyers comeback against Maroons

Post by brad 36 »

both teams played well tonight and got some bounces all in all not a bad game. Not a big fan off tonights officiating and before anyone jumps on my back because im a chatham fan i thought it was bad on both sides alot of missed calls but also alot of crap that they did call wasnt the right call either all in all a well played game though. Flyers maybe well your talking about your defecits you could also mention the maroons being down at times as well.
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

ok, Chatham was only down 1-0 though.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

A one goal game against the top team. Chatham seems to be playing good hockey lately. Great goal-tending in the Sarnia game stopped them. Lets get these bad bounces out of the way so the good ones fall into place at the right time of the season. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
rhinomark50

Post by rhinomark50 »

It was a good game all around. As mentioned neither goalie played their best, Bessette seemed to really have issues squeezing the puck, always seemed to trickle through him. As brad 36 mention, the refs were at their normal best in both directions.

From a fan perspective the game had everything you'd hope for from the two teams, goals, big hits, a dandy of a fight, and the occasional good save. Sunday's rematch should be just as good, hopefully get some good reports on it!
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

I agree about the reffing huge missed calls on Chatham and Leamington, refs always seemed to be out of postiton as well, the fight was a beauty both players got some good hay makers in. Game changing points were the big hit on 51 on Chatham got rocked and Feasey missing a wide open net when it was 3-2 Chatham.