Rockets add forward from Cobourg

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

flyers2011

Rockets add forward from Cobourg

Post by flyers2011 »

The Strathroy Rockets have acquired forward Joey Seney from the OJHL JR. A Cobourg Courgars.
Joe is a tenacious speedy forward who brings 3 seasons of Jr. A experience to the Rockets line up. He is a dynamic player who can play all three forward positions and in all situations. He will make his debut in the Rockets #8 jersey this Saturday December 6th against Chatham

From the rockets facebook.
End of a era in Leamington
rhinomark50

Re: Rockets add forward from Cobourg

Post by rhinomark50 »

His stats don't scream dynamic, but hopefully he plays well for them.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Good thing Chatham didn't pick him up. We'd all have to hear about Chatham spending money & trying to win a championship. I guess it's all good though, Strathroy bought him, not Chatham. :P
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Lilomnivore

Post by Lilomnivore »

Port hockey1 wrote:Good thing Chatham didn't pick him up. We'd all have to hear about Chatham spending money & trying to win a championship. I guess it's all good though, Strathroy bought him, not Chatham. :P
Oh no, look at that. Strathroys trying to buy themselves a championship. Guess we all better start whineing and complaining and getting our painties all bunched up ;p
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Lilomnivore wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:Good thing Chatham didn't pick him up. We'd all have to hear about Chatham spending money & trying to win a championship. I guess it's all good though, Strathroy bought him, not Chatham. :P
Oh no, look at that. Strathroys trying to buy themselves a championship. Guess we all better start whineing and complaining and getting our painties all bunched up ;p
Very true, the proof is right here in black & white, no replies. :wink:

Best of luck to the Rockets. Just pointing out the obvious.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I guarantee you we did not pay anywhere near the exorbitant amounts rumored that the Maroons have paid Patterson to play.

If you look, Cobourg released him on Dec 1.

And I write in blue, not black and white. I've just been busy today and haven't had a chance to respond to your ridiculousness.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
shady

Post by shady »

Exactly as you said " Rumored " You have no idea ! So why run your mouth ? Were you there ?
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:I guarantee you we did not pay anywhere near the exorbitant amounts rumored that the Maroons have paid Patterson to play.

If you look, Cobourg released him on Dec 1.

And I write in blue, not black and white. I've just been busy today and haven't had a chance to respond to your ridiculousness.
You always think everyone is talking about you RG. I think you're paranoid. lol

I said we'd all have to hear about Chatham spending money Where were you mentioned???

Seriously, you need to get over yourself. Some of your comments on here are expected from anyone being ridiculed by another commenter. But then you post things like the above...Really makes me wonder sometimes. :?
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

shady wrote:Exactly as you said " Rumored " You have no idea ! So why run your mouth ? Were you there ?
You see, RG says as long as you don't pay too much it is alright. How hypocritical some can be. Paying for talent is paying for talent, period.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Transfer fees between leagues don't count.

And who else would you be addressing when saying the proof was in the lack of replies about us getting a new player. I'm the only Rocket fan on here who posts. So if you weren't looking for a response from me, who would you be looking for it from?
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:Transfer fees between leagues don't count.

And who else would you be addressing when saying the proof was in the lack of replies about us getting a new player. I'm the only Rocket fan on here who posts. So if you weren't looking for a response from me, who would you be looking for it from?
I meant last season when 3 or 4 people were on here complaining. I really didn't mean just you RG.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Well it is quite obvious why the Rockets added another player to their roster. They were only carrying 20 players. They had no extra bodies. They were always short or had to use call-ups when someone was out of the line-up. This gives them 1 extra forward. They could use another defenseman as well. Most clubs carry a couple of extra players.

They started the season with the 20 players as they had a few out at CHL camps and were waiting to see if they were coming back. No one did.