Amante/Sablone

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

rhinomark50

Amante/Sablone

Post by rhinomark50 »

Anyone at the game last night? What exactly happened? How long can we expect Amante to miss this time? He seems to do one dumb thing per season.
flyers2011

Re: Amante/Sablone

Post by flyers2011 »

theres nothing on poinstreak about it, the other suspensions are up there.
End of a era in Leamington
Blades

Post by Blades »

OK, here's what I figured out and explains why Amante isn't suspended.
If you receive a GM30 or a GM 28 before the 10 minute mark of the 3rd period, you are gone for just the balance of the current game. There is no further suspension. If it occurred after the 10 minute mark, then you are gone for the next game. All penalties were at the 8:46 mark so any GM30 or GM28 will carry no further suspension.

LaSalle
Sablone (3 games)= 5 for fighting, Game Misconduct (GM30), Instigator, Aggressor. Gets 1 game for his instigator and 2 games for aggessor for a total of three. These two penalties are cumulative together so any time you get called for both the same game, you'll always be gone for a minimum of 3 games. Now if he had already had a call for instigator or aggressor earlier in the year, the INS would be 2 games and the AGG would be 4 games. If you have more than 3 occurrences of these minors, you are suspended indefinitely.
Langlois (2 games) = 5 for fighting, Game Misconduct (GM31), M34; the GM31 means you are at least the second fight in the same stoppage and you are automatically gone for two games. M34 (failure to go to the bench) is simply a misconduct and not suspendable.

Leamington
Perkowski (2 games) = 5 for fighting, Game Misconduct (GM31); the GM31 means you are at least the second fight in the same stoppage and you are automatically gone for two games
Amante (no suspension) = he had a five minute major for interference and a game misconduct since it was a major. However, since it was called before the 10 minute mark, no suspension.

If I only muddied the waters, take a look here http://www.pointstreaksites.com/files/u ... Poster.pdfand you can see who gets suspended for what.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

The very odd thing here is that Perkowski was the only Flyer who received a fighting major so how can he be 2nd fight same stoppage of play?
rhinomark50

Post by rhinomark50 »

Marcie wrote:The very odd thing here is that Perkowski was the only Flyer who received a fighting major so how can he be 2nd fight same stoppage of play?
I would imagine because Sablone was trying to go after Amante I assume, and got a fighting major, the Perkowski/D. Langlois fight would be considered the 2nd. Same thing happened last year when Amante got the same penalties as Sablone and Dylan Seguin and another player from Lambton Shores fought.
Blades

Post by Blades »

rhinomark50 wrote:
Marcie wrote:The very odd thing here is that Perkowski was the only Flyer who received a fighting major so how can he be 2nd fight same stoppage of play?
I would imagine because Sablone was trying to go after Amante I assume, and got a fighting major, the Perkowski/D. Langlois fight would be considered the 2nd. Same thing happened last year when Amante got the same penalties as Sablone and Dylan Seguin and another player from Lambton Shores fought.
I'd say you're right on the money rhinomark50, about Sablone since he got both aggressor and instigator. It makes me think that no "fight" actually took place but that Sablone did try to get one started and that his opponent either declined or wasn't ready. Since it was determined that at least some semblance of a fight took place, the next dance was considered second fight at the same stoppage.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
redwings1234

Post by redwings1234 »

I was at the game, Sablone jumped Opblinger but Opblinger turtled right away and never dropped his gloves therefore wasnt given a penalty! It happened in front of the Flyers bench and Amante slashed Sablone from the Flyers bench when he wouldn't stop even after Opblinger turtled, ironically Sablone & Amante are best friends off the ice
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Question, how does one get a 5 minute major for interference?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
rhinomark50

Post by rhinomark50 »

Port hockey1 wrote:Question, how does one get a 5 minute major for interference?
Any action from the bench is automatically a 5 minute major for interference from the bench. I've also heard that Leamington is expecting Amante to be suspended after a review of the play by the OHA.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

pretty sure the play being reviewed is another play where Amante got Cresenzi in the mouth, should of been a penalty for sure but it wasn't called. Cresenzi's mouth was gross after and had to have surgery after the game.
End of a era in Leamington