Changes brewing in Rocketland??

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

BLACKHAWKDOWN

Changes brewing in Rocketland??

Post by BLACKHAWKDOWN »

I know it is June (almost) already, and damn, where did the spring go? But with the Stanley Cup playoffs still on, it should be ok to bring up hockey discussion topics possibly affecting the WOHL.
I have heard recent rumblings that a handful of Rocket veterans may be jumping ship to play Jr. C next season instead of returning to Strathroy. Not sure if this is in fact true or not, just passing on a strong rumour I've heard.
Look to where a former Rockets coach will be behind a Jr. C league bench in the coming season, to figure out the probable destination if this occurs.
Blades

Re: Changes brewing in Rocketland??

Post by Blades »

I see that former Rocket Assistant Coach Cam Crowder has been announced as the new head coach for the Jr C Essex 73s. Apparently he's a former 73 player.

Essex is a club that wins ... often. They also see to have lots of people who leave their teams to go play for them. Depending upon who you talk to, this is a team with lots of money, they know how to spend it and they make it very attractive for players to want to go there and play.

Any Rocket who would want to play Jr. C would have to leave before their final year of Jr B in order to be eligible to play Jr C so I can see why they are leaving now -- if this rumor is true.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Cam Crowder was an assistant in LaSalle. I believe the reference here is former Rocket head coach Dale Timmermans now with the Exeter Hawks. I too have heard of some Rockets wanting to play C with Dale in Exeter next season. Strathroy may have a lot of holes to fill come training camp time.
Blades

Post by Blades »

Marcie, I did look up Cam and I *thought* I read he was an assistant for the Rockets so I thought it might have been him. Oh well, wrong again = me :D
centerman999

Post by centerman999 »

Crowder also was Named assistant not Head coach. He's from the Windsor/Essex County Area- no connection to Rockets
Blades

Post by Blades »

centerman999 wrote:Crowder also was Named assistant not Head coach. He's from the Windsor/Essex County Area- no connection to Rockets
Thanks for the correction centerman999.