Andrew Shaw, Political correctness BS!!(NHL)

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Andrew Shaw, Political correctness BS!!(NHL)

Post by Port hockey1 »

So Andrew Shaw has been suspended one game and was fined for making a homophobic slur during last nights game.

This political correctness is pathetic. What's said on the ice stays on the ice! Had Shaw made that 'slur' towards an openly gay person, I'd agree that it's uncalled for and disgusting. But it was said in slang. A slang that many of use when cracking a joke, etc.

Shaw didn't look at a gay person and degrade them. He yelled something that pretty much anyone who's ever played hockey has yelled, or heard someone yell at some point. It's actually yelled a lot in the heat of the moment.

I feel bad for this young man, he's been thrown in the pressure cooker, it's a witch hunt. The Chicago reporter, who's openly gay... His comments made me sick! He say's those words are why so many hide in the closet, terrified to come out. :roll:

Give it up!!! I have two gay friends, and I know several gay people in general. One friend, who I've known since I was a boy, cracks jokes calling us gay, etc. all the time. It's called humor.

The political correctness of today's world is just unreal. Unlike some, I say what's on my mind a lot. I've gotten a lot of grief over it over the years. But that's their problem... Not mine, its called the real world. Some people are just too serious, or simply like to find things to cry about.

Get over it already!!! That felt better. 8) :smt006
Last edited by Port hockey1 on Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
ILuvHackey

Re: Andrew Shaw, Political correctness BS!!(NHL)

Post by ILuvHackey »

Wow.

The whole point of his suspension is to make a statement that the word isn't okay at all. Not in hockey, not in jokes, not ever. Period.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

ILuvHackey wrote:Wow.

The whole point of his suspension is to make a statement that the word isn't okay at all. Not in hockey, not in jokes, not ever. Period.
And that's the political correctness I'm talking about... And this coming from a guy who's best friend came out of the closet when he was a teen.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Port hockey1 wrote:

And that's the political correctness I'm talking about... And this coming from a guy who's best friend came out of the closet when he was a teen.
Next thing you'll say is it's okay to bust out n-bombs on the ice "as long as it's not directed at a black person."

You're a disgrace.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

ILuvHackey wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:

Next thing you'll say is it's okay to bust out n-bombs on the ice "as long as it's not directed at a black person."

You're a disgrace.
I have gay friends who call me gay while joking. It's called humor. You're the disgrace!!! Stop trying to turn everything into a stereotype, get a clue! :roll: :smt005
OHAHockeyFan

Post by OHAHockeyFan »

porthockey - you wanted to ring up vuic and call him a disgrace for his 7 game suspension this year and it was for this exact thing. such a hypocrite
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

OHAHockeyFan wrote:porthockey - you wanted to ring up vuic and call him a disgrace for his 7 game suspension this year and it was for this exact thing. such a hypocrite
No it wasn't... It was because after facing several criminal charges... He still couldn't keep out of trouble. Taking a major, several of them actually, that's what had me angry about that situation.

Also, in Jr.B hockey there's often kids from many different backgrounds. Sometimes things that are very racial, and are directed towards a person of that particular race are said on the ice. That is called degrading someone, crossing the line.

Some kid in Jr.B yelling what Shaw yelled... Big deal! But that's not even close to what Vuic said. And kids in Jr.B make quips calling others gay, etc. in their own locker room.

Some of these kids, who are very misguided, even call each other the N-word! That's supposed to be a slang for racism... So why do blacks call each other the N-word constantly??? They're insulting themselves, and it's foolish. We don't see whites calling each other 'cracker'!

So from my point of view, the kids calling each other N-word, there's nothing racial about it, just a lack of education. But when a kid calls a black that word in anger... It's clearly racial. Just like calling an openly gay kid homophobic names is just plain wrong!

There's a difference... Not everyone is so politically correct these days. :) :smt006