Official abuse leads to arrest

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RocketGirl

Re: Official abuse leads to arrest

Post by RocketGirl »

Is this the kid that spit on the ref in Quebec and got arrested in the middle of the game? Do you know that happened in the Shoe at the beginning of the month? I think it was a kid from Caledonia that spit on a linesman.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Re: Official abuse leads to arrest

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:Is this the kid that spit on the ref in Quebec and got arrested in the middle of the game? Do you know that happened in the Shoe at the beginning of the month? I think it was a kid from Caledonia that spit on a linesman.
To be fair though, Quebec isn't exactly, ahem... A role model Province. :wink:

But spitting is just plain disgusting! There's no reason for that to happen, ever. It's worse than biting in my opinion. At least you can justify biting a guys finger if it was in your mouth and you wanted it outta there. lol.

I think coaches should start sitting kids who are prone to taking 10's for abuse of officials when it happens. At least the refs see you're doing something to address the problem and might give teams a little more leeway.

I know some teams already follow this practice because the player spending 10 minutes in the box, then getting ejected if he takes another one only shortens the bench.

But these refs need to do their parts too. They need to remember that these are just kids and sometimes they will step over the line. Handling those situations correctly should be in officials training programs.(If it isn't already)

If a player assaults an official, that player should be charged for sure. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102