The Death Pool is Dead Pool

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Caledonia Fan

The Death Pool is Dead Pool

Post by Caledonia Fan »

I went to see the movie Dead Pool on the weekend.I know I'm a little slow but I have figure it out the Death Pool is Dead Pool.
David Wagner ain't The ANGEL of Death he's Dead Pool. There's nothing original here. Even the Angel of Death that's a old song by Thin Lizzy.
Funny stuff, and he just hates the GMHL.

http://thejuniorhockeynews.com/?p=55811

http://thejuniorhockeynews.com/?p=55904
Port hockey1

Re: The Death Pool is Dead Pool

Post by Port hockey1 »

The writer clearly has a vendetta. The ref attacking the player could have happened in the GOJHL, OJHL, OHL, etc, just as easily. We see new refs, who's to say one of them won't lose it one of these days?

The way I see it, that incident just happened to happen in the GMHL.

I also think people see their expansions as a threat. Or they wouldn't be so concerned. Some cities work, others don't. It looks bad to have teams folding, but hey... Still a newer league, right?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I agree with what he said. He's got very valid points about them not really being a Junior Hockey league.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

What classify's as a junior hockey league though? They have a lot of teams made up of players between 16-21. They've developed quite a few young players. They've sent kids to major junior, and University's all over the place.

It's a hockey league that's developed many players, it's a league that also gives Russians the chance to live their dream. A lot of them know that playing hockey in Canada is the ultimate place to play the sport. And they feel it's their only shot at getting noticed by scouts.

Some of these kids have been noticed by scouts, and the ones who weren't have had an experience that will last a lifetime. Hockey Canada can call the league whatever they want to.

But they're taking shots at a league that develops young players, simply because they don't follow their rules. That's both childish, and hindering players development by not letting them come back for a year after playing in the GMHL.

The league isn't perfect, in fact some of it's a mess. But they set out with a goal, and I believe they've succeeded in that goal. The league is talked about all over Russia, it's huge down there. Families sell everything so they can send their kids here for a shot at being a pro hockey player.

The treatment of the GMHL by Hockey Canada is very disturbing, N.Korea disturbing in some ways. Their stance has screwed up a lot of kids, officials, volunteers, etc, career's and dedication.

There's no shortage of news story's on google that support what I wrote too. People just need to look with an open mind, like I did.

My unbiased opinion on the caliber of hockey in the GMHL?

Some teams, honestly could beat Caledonia, and some OJHL teams. Other teams would lose to Pelham, dead serious.

They need to re do their divisions based on the compete level. The teams that struggle need to be in their own division, and play for a different championship.

This is just how I feel about this subject. I fully respect everyone's opinions on the topic. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

Port hockey1 wrote: The treatment of the GMHL by Hockey Canada is very disturbing, N.Korea disturbing in some ways. Their stance has screwed up a lot of kids, officials, volunteers, etc, career's and dedication.
You're right about that.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

It's a joke of a league.

Is Hockey Canada perfect? Nope. I hate the way they want to ban players based on passport. Americans and Europeans mixed in with our local boys have made the GOJ a lot better. But with the GMHL... more than half of the league ice non-complete teams, with more than 2 goalies in equipment on a regular basis, but not enough skaters. They take money, fold and don't give it back with regularity, and there's very little oversight with the league which is why sh** happens far too often.

Hockey Canada could learn a thing or two about the imports as it pertains to their leagues, but the GMHL is not the answer. Are there a few teams there? Absolutely. And with the Tottenham rumor, I'd gladly open my arms to them into the GOJ. But that doesn't change the fact that too much of that league is an issue. We have Pelham and Buffalo right now that are issues. Issues that could be fixed.

There is too much to fix over there.

My opinion.