Jumping the Queue

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Blades

Jumping the Queue

Post by Blades »

It would seem that it's not only NHL teams that are getting H1N1 shots out of turn but some Jr A teams as well.
I was told there was an article in the LFP earlier this week that London Knights players got their shot and in today's Sarnia Observer, a front page headline reads
Sting stung
The gist of it is that a team official (trainer) earlier in the week flatly denied that the players were vaccinated and then it comes out that the Sarnia Sting doctor confirms on Friday that 10-12 on the team were immunized on Sunday. Dr. Gary Barwitzki apparently gave it to the ones who wanted it after their road game. Meanwhile, three days earlier public health officials had announced that Ontario faced vaccine shortages and would restrict the shots to higher-risk groups for another week or more. The Sting doctor claims he didn't know about the shortage (what!!!!) and thought the general public would have access to the vaccine the next day (after the Sting players got their's). Owner Ciccarelli said he wished someone had told him about the controversy and a supervisor with Lambton's community health services said she wasn't aware Sting players had received a shot but that it must have resulted from a misunderstanding. :roll:
Meanwhile the GM for the Legionnaires said their team will "wait their turn" and that "we want to protect our players but I think there are people out there that need it more than we do".

So I'm wondering, has there been any word on how the team in your town/city is handling the "jumping the queue" syndrome.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
The Masked Grappler

Re: Jumping the Queue

Post by The Masked Grappler »

I can't imagine the Sting doing anything underhanded, they're the beacon of honour afterall.
GoBlastGo

Re: Jumping the Queue

Post by GoBlastGo »

It was on the news that the Lasalle Vipers got the shot too.
Go Legionnaires Go