Olympics

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RocketGirl

Olympics

Post by RocketGirl »

So Hockey Canada had to redesign their logo for the hockey sweaters for the Olympics. They've now unveiled them and I think they look good. What do you think?

I just read some comments on some articles from people that didn't like the logo. They think it looks too commercial now with the Nike swoosh on it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
LincBrass

Re: Olympics

Post by LincBrass »

I think it looks great. The gold will look nice resting just below the leaf. Maybe those people should look at every jersey since the dawn of sports. Don't they all have the brand on them. Every jersey I own does.
go west
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I like the darks better than the whites, but both look awesome. They're definitely better than those goldy/yellow lookin' things they had a few years ago.

And it's not like the swoosh is obvious and takes up the whole sweater. It's in the corner, on the shoulder.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Blades

Post by Blades »

I read somewhere (newspaper, I think) that some people weren't too happy with them and that there was ... shall we say ... too much "native" influence" on the sweater. From a distance and looking at the photos, I don't see what the fuss is - JMO of course.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
FiveHole

Post by FiveHole »

bring back the gold sweaters they are vintage