Stanley Cup Finals

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RocketGirl

Stanley Cup Finals

Post by RocketGirl »

I'm sure somebody watched the game last night. I just flipped it right around 10:00 just to see how my Pens were doing and it was 2nd intermission. Ron McLean was talking to Gary Bettman. Bettman was dancing around all of Ron's questions as best he could and trying to make his case as to why Pheonix shouldn't move. But then trying to defend that he's not anti-Canadian because there was a time when Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary and Ottawa were gonna leave and we'd be left with Toronto and Montreal, so basically we should feel lucky that we still have 6 teams. He's such as ass!

On a side note, I read an article last week that CBC is making a movie about Don Cherry. They started filming either last week or this week in Winnipeg and they're hoping it's out for next year's play-offs. It's going to be 1 of those 4 hour mini-series. It's going to be of Grapes early life and ends when he meets Ron McLean for Coach's Corner. The best part is, there's a former Rocket who's playing Grapes in the movie.
:D
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Blades

Re: Stanley Cup Finals

Post by Blades »

I watched parts of it inbetween checking the score of last night's JR B lacrosse game in Windsor now that the league uses PS.
Glad to see the Pens get the win, still hoping they can take the cup but those pesky Red Wings have a habit of playing well. {shrugs}

Didn't see the intermission so didn't know there was a movie coming out about Grapes. Good for the local fellow who will play him.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
Chemo

Post by Chemo »

nhl needs to get rid of bettman plain and simple.even tho that wont happen due to all those american owners in his back pocket, that would never let him be replaced
he cant admit to failing in certain non-hockey markets,and yet this bafoon wants to expand the league to 32 teams

any ideas on how to get him out of the commish chair
Blades

Post by Blades »

Chemo wrote:nhl needs to get rid of bettman plain and simple.even tho that wont happen due to all those american owners in his back pocket, that would never let him be replaced
he cant admit to failing in certain non-hockey markets,and yet this bafoon wants to expand the league to 32 teams

any ideas on how to get him out of the commish chair
Well ... perhaps one could get a hired gun and remove him that way? :twisted: Just kidding of course.
One could pray he gets a terrible disease and can't continue with his duties .. naw, that probably wouldn't work.
Guess we're stuck with the little twit unless Jimmy boy gets his way and can move those Cyotes to a market where people actually care about hockey.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Notice how when it's an American team that wants to be bought and brought to Canada he puts the kibosch on that pretty quick, but when it's a Canadian team being bought and moved to America, he has no qualms about it.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Blades

Post by Blades »

RocketGirl wrote:Notice how when it's an American team that wants to be bought and brought to Canada he puts the kibosch on that pretty quick, but when it's a Canadian team being bought and moved to America, he has no qualms about it.
Yeah, I remember he was pretty quick at removing some Canadian teams in other years but he WAS OK with keeping a few that were floundering a bit more recently like the Ottawa Senators if my memory serves me correctly.
I just don't get the lure of trying to take hockey to markets that basically have not interest in hockey.
A bit of interesting reading in today's LFP - the paper one so I'm trying to find some of it online.
Here a bit http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/Sports/2009 ... 6-sun.html