Jr. D Championship

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RocketGirl

Jr. D Championship

Post by RocketGirl »

Well, I'm gonna play long with the other levels of hockey thing.

Congratulations to the North Middlesex Stars of the SOJHL. They won the Jr. D championship last night beating out Delhi.

They were down 3-1 in the series and came back to win it. This is an amazing feat for this club because they've had some very trying times since they began. I believe I heard they opened training camp with 16 skaters and 6 goalies, and they managed to build a championship team. In all the years my brother was with that team, I don't think they ever made the play-offs.

Anyways, congrats to the Stars!
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Administrator

Re: Jr. D Championship

Post by Administrator »

blah test
bob

Post by bob »

the guy that did the timekeeping in parkhill always impressed me in there by himself doing the clock, announcing and gamesheet.he never seemed to screw up.he was like the rainman of jr.d . I believe his name was paul augustine ,R.G may remember him.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Good ol' Paul. He did EVERYTHING. He also ran a website for the team, or at least compiled the stats for it.

I believe I also heard at one point that he ran a hockey league, or ball hockey, in Thedford as well.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Blades

Post by Blades »

WOW, very impressive. I think those types of volunteers are gems and if you have someone like that in your organization who will do all that for you, hang on to them.
Multi-tasking during a game can be a bit crazy at times in hockey. I know of someone who did a number of things but it was in lacrosse where the scoring can come quickly and in bunches, there's very little stoppage in the game unless a goal is scored, an injury takes place or a fight happens. This one person did the music, shots on goal and where they were taken from, identified which team got possession of loose balls, took notes on who did the scoring so he could then announce it to the crowd and still had a bit of time to explain things to me about the game - oh yeah, he was also the GM for the team. Quite an amazing guy.
I'm awed by what some of these people do and wish there were more like them. I'm giving them my own standing ovation!
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic