CONGRATULATIONS

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

FiveHole

CONGRATULATIONS

Post by FiveHole »

Congrats to Essex 73's Jr C team for winning the Jr C Ontario Schmalz Cup Championship in a sweep against Alliston Hornets
Chemo

Re: CONGRATULATIONS

Post by Chemo »

shouldnt it be the essex 73's jr b hockey team???
richard

Post by richard »

Essex is a fine organization and congratulate them! They would make a great Jr B team!
tinyman71

Post by tinyman71 »

Last time i checked this was a jr.b forum not jr.c or am i on the wrong forum
Cougar Hunter

Post by Cougar Hunter »

tinyman71 wrote:Last time i checked this was a jr.b forum not jr.c or am i on the wrong forum
No offense to your other topic or anything but aren't you the smart ass who started the topic about the missing girl?
tinyman71

Post by tinyman71 »

Hey last time i checked there is a forum for jr.c hockey and i really dont think/ i hope there is no forum for missing children. sorry kid
Blades

Post by Blades »

Think it's time other forums were made and these type of topics moved there. On my list to do today.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Personally, I don't think we need a board on our page for other levels of hockey. There's a forum for Jr. C, if you want to post about Jr. C, go there. I believe there's a forum for Jr. D, if you want to post about Jr. D, go there. Actually, the site that the GHL uses has a board for the SOJHL, but there are no topics on it.

This site is for the Western and Mid-Western Conferences of the GOJHL. And we have enough discussions with the West that I don't think we need to expand it to include the OHL or Jr. C or Jr. D or AHL or US college hockey or whatever.

That's just my opinion though, you can take it however you want.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Blades

Post by Blades »

I understand your sentiments about adding additional forums to the board and its a valid one. Thought to try it out for a bit especially since hockey is winding down but some may want to discuss things that aren't hockey related. If there appears to be little interest for any of the forums (or their subforums) they can always be deleted. It's just on a trial basis for the next few months or so.

Hey admin, any input?
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Personally, I thought it was a good idea.

This forums can always expand to include many levels of hockey. Should the interest present itself, domain names would certainly follow.

Blades made a very valid point however, forums can always be deleted if interest wanes or doesn't present itself at all.
Cougar Hunter

Post by Cougar Hunter »

tinyman71 wrote:Hey last time i checked there is a forum for jr.c hockey and i really dont think/ i hope there is no forum for missing children. sorry kid

last time i checked the name of the site says http://www.westernjrbhockey.com/

not missingchildren.com.

Like I said, no offense to your topic but don't rag on someone about starting a topic that has nothing to do with Jr. B when yours has absolutely nothing to do with hockey.

Im right, your wrong. shut up.
Blades

Post by Blades »

Cougar Hunter wrote:
tinyman71 wrote:Hey last time i checked there is a forum for jr.c hockey and i really dont think/ i hope there is no forum for missing children. sorry kid

last time i checked the name of the site says http://www.westernjrbhockey.com/

not missingchildren.com.

Like I said, no offense to your topic but don't rag on someone about starting a topic that has nothing to do with Jr. B when yours has absolutely nothing to do with hockey.

Im right, your wrong. shut up.
Tsk, tsk!! We're going to open up the board so that we can discuss more than just hockey - hence the different forums. It might even give us something to discuss during the off season :mrgreen: . You are correct that the name for the board is westernjrbhockey but ... a forum for discussion about the midwest conference was added a while ago and since some people want to talk about more than just Jr B hockey, I thought it might be prudent to create forums for just that purpose. That way, I'm hoping people won't get slammed for wanting to discuss something that isn't Jr B hockey or even hockey related. Expansion of discussion boards can do that and I know of at least two boards (one is Jr A hockey for the OHL, the other is figure skating where they talk about everything under the sun and then some) who encourage dialogue about more than the area of interest for which they were initially created.
If you don't want to discuss the topics in a particular forum, that's OK. All you need to do is just ignore them and stay in the forums that interest you. :smt006
ramrod

Post by ramrod »

Tsk, tsk!! We're going to open up the board so that we can discuss more than just hockey

Thats great !!! my dog has the run's and I didn't know who else to ask.

seriously lets keep the hockey forum as a hockey forum
there's enough spam popping up already without having to filter out figure skating and all the other crap that does not belong on a hockey forum.
Blades

Post by Blades »

ramrod wrote:
Tsk, tsk!! We're going to open up the board so that we can discuss more than just hockey

there's enough spam popping up already without having to filter out figure skating and all the other crap that does not belong on a hockey forum.
Then all you need to do is stay in the hockey portion of the board. If you don't like certain areas for discussion, then don't go into them. It's quite simple really. If you think about it, dividing it up should make it easier for those who only want to discuss hockey and when someone want to discuss something other than hockey - and it does happen - then it can be discussed without some poster dissing others because "it's not a hockey topic".
BTW, no one said the board was going to be about figure skating. I merely mentioned that other boards have discussion about more than what they initially started out as and one of those other discussion board IS a hockey board.
Sorry you don't like the changes and thanks for your input but we're going to try having alternative forums anyway - at least for a while.

OK, back to congratulating the Essex team on a very good season. Wonder how many Jr B team players will join them next season?
Aseamoto

Post by Aseamoto »

I don't know how many Jr B players are planning on joining the 73's but there are quite a few who have verbally committed to playing for Belle River Canadiens.
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

ramrod wrote:

If you have "spam" popping up from this site, it's adware on your computer. It does not relate to this site.
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Cougar Hunter wrote: last time i checked the name of the site says http://www.westernjrbhockey.com/
Not entirely true. This site is also named http://www.westernontariohockey.com and http://www.midwesternontariohockey.com

:)

All those URLS lead to here. Possibly more to come. You know...like.....WTFareyoutalkingabout.com. LOL
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

<em>Administrator</em> wrote: like.....WTFareyoutalkingabout.com. LOL
hehehehehehehe :smt043 I like, I like.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

RocketGirl wrote:
<em>Administrator</em> wrote: like.....WTFareyoutalkingabout.com. LOL
hehehehehehehe :smt043 I like, I like.
Oh ya....and www.alltalk.ca works here too. LOL
FiveHole

Post by FiveHole »

wow i didnt think congratulating an Ontario Jr C hockey team on a Junior C Ontario Hockey forum would have got deleted and reinstated maybe the title of forum should read JR B ONTARIO HOCKEY FORUM ONLY. Sorry to put you all thur this hassel and discussion I was only given my congratulations I didnt know you couldnt do that
Blades

Post by Blades »

FiveHole wrote:wow i didnt think congratulating an Ontario Jr C hockey team on a Junior C Ontario Hockey forum would have got deleted and reinstated maybe the title of forum should read JR B ONTARIO HOCKEY FORUM ONLY. Sorry to put you all thur this hassel and discussion I was only given my congratulations I didnt know you couldnt do that
FiveHole,
Some people seem to have a problem with change.
Some people think hockey is the only sport going.
Some people think we should only talk about JR B hockey.
The owner of this board and myself are not part of that group, hence we are trying out the extra forums. If they don't work out, they will be removed.

I thought it might be a good idea to have a forum where discussion about hockey could take place that was something other than JR B in the West/Midwest conferences. I have noticed over the years that when discussion takes place that is outside of those conferences, people sometimes get slammed. Simple solution seemed to make a couple other forums.
BTW, the forum didn't get deleted. The topic you created was moved to a forum that I think better reflects the area of discussion.
FiveHole

Post by FiveHole »

so what your saying is if looks like a duck and it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it might not be a duck????? to me Jr hockey is Jr hockey and while Im at it on Jr Hockey HOW ABOUT THEM SPITS!!!!!!!!!!
Blades

Post by Blades »

FiveHole wrote:so what your saying is if looks like a duck and it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it might not be a duck????? to me Jr hockey is Jr hockey and while Im at it on Jr Hockey HOW ABOUT THEM SPITS!!!!!!!!!!
The duck stuff ... not going there.
The Spits, are doing well this season and I would like to offer my congratulations to them.
Dontbelieveit

Post by Dontbelieveit »

Ya, congrats to the 73's They had an unbelievable year

The following is from the Windsor Star:

You think the Windsor Spitfires are having an outstanding season?

Youd be right.

Think the Spitfires are the most dominant local junior team?

Then you havent been to Essex.

Saturdays 7-0 win at Alliston not only achieved a sweep of the Ontario Hockey Association Junior C final, it secured a 59-1-1-1 record for the Essex 73's.

One shootout loss. One overtime setback. One defeat in regulation time.

All the rest victories.

In their fifth straight trip to the provincial championship series, the victory avenged Essexs Game 7 OT loss to Alliston in last years final and gave the 73's their record sixth crown.

They are to the Clarence (Tubby) Schmalz Cup what the Montreal Canadiens are to the Stanley Cup, what the New York Yankees are to the World Series and what the Pittsburgh Steelers are to the Super Bowl.

Simply, the best ever.

In Essex, though, overall success isnt measured merely by the necessity to increase the size of the trophy case.

To the 73's, winning isnt everything.

At best, its third on the list.

If you have to miss practice for school, or a family commitment, its not a problem, forward Jeff Hogan said.

As much as players embrace they hockey knowledge they gain from coach Tony Piroski, a former professional netminder, its the way he comprehends that hockey is just one element in their ongoing lives that they appreciate the most.

The last couple of weeks, guys have had university exams, defenceman Anthony Iaquinta said. He schedules practice around that.

In his eighth season behind the Essex bench, Piroski believes putting things into perspective is what puts the 73's on the path toward glory.

Lets face it, for 99 out of 100 guys at this level, theyre never going to play hockey for a living, Piroski said. Family and school always come before hockey.

Piroski believes its a strategy that makes for better players

If youre keeping your family and school commitments, youre happier off the ice, he said. Then youll be happier on the ice.

No wonder Essex players never forget their roots.

You dont just play for the 73's, you become one.

Once a 73, always a 73.

Its a lifetime commitment.

Players who havent worn the orange and black for decades still know everything about the current club and do whatever they can to help that team achieve its goal.

I really do very little recruiting, Piroski said. Its mostly done by current players who talk their buddies into coming to Essex, or Ill hear from former players whove seen a player that they think we should look at for next year.

Recruiting kind of works like that old shampoo commercial: This player told two friends, then that player told two friends.

Iaquinta came to Essex to play with Nick Mariani. Mike Dobric and Branden Robitaille followed. Hogan joined up to skate with pals Robitaille and Dan Reaume.

Next thing you know, theres another championship contender in Essex

Naturally, not everyone shares in Essexs joy. Persistent perfections breeds many qualities, not all of them admirable, especially among some of the 73's opponents, who have accused the team of buying titles.

Piroski flatly denies such suggestions.

We have not ever paid a player one dime, he said. Its just not done here.

Theyre brought there by friendship. They stay for the atmosphere.

The town of Essex really gets behind the team, Hogan said.

Theyll savour the titles theyve won as a 73 for years to come.

Theyll cherish the bond theyve formed with this team and this community forever.

© Copyright (c) The Windsor Star