Are the Toronto Blue Jays the real deal???

A discussion area for things not hockey related.

Moderators: Blades, RocketGirl

Post Reply
User avatar
Port hockey1
Posts: 2596
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:48 pm
Location: Maroon's

Are the Toronto Blue Jays the real deal???

Post by Port hockey1 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:05 pm

After looking good starting the season 2-0, their bullpen has been terrible the last few games. Is this team a contender to win the East again?

I still can't believe they traded Ben Revere for Storen... One of the purest hitters in the league, practically gave him away! :smt031 :smt076


The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102


Cali vairs!
Posts: 283
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: Are the Toronto Blue Jays the real deal???

Post by Cali vairs! » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:06 am

i wouldn't say they gave him away port. Storen is a very good younger relief pitcher. They traded from a area of strength to help a area of weakness. We still have Saunders in the outfield so you can't have either of those 2 backup. I would've traded Saunders though.

I think the bullpen will come ok omg. A lot of young guys who just need to get used to the mlb. They can hVe the best bullpen with the solid3 they have in their

Caledonia Fan
Posts: 881
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: Are the Toronto Blue Jays the real deal???

Post by Caledonia Fan » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:38 am

They live in die by the long ball. Your right why did they trade Ben. After looking for a lead off hitter all last year.
Piller has not been that bad but I like him down in the order he adds some spark.How many strike outs so far crazy
Bullpen been bad but I don't think Gibbons have manage them very well. In fact he's getting out managed by Boston.
For being the real deal time will tell. A lot of the other clubs have bought in some high prize talent.
But it's early yet that's want they keep tell'in us anyway.

How many timeouts ( video review ) are we going to see at second base this year with this new slide rule. (crazy)

User avatar
Port hockey1
Posts: 2596
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:48 pm
Location: Maroon's

Re: Are the Toronto Blue Jays the real deal???

Post by Port hockey1 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:32 pm

Cali vairs! wrote:i wouldn't say they gave him away port. Storen is a very good younger relief pitcher. They traded from a area of strength to help a area of weakness. We still have Saunders in the outfield so you can't have either of those 2 backup. I would've traded Saunders though.

I think the bullpen will come ok omg. A lot of young guys who just need to get used to the mlb. They can hVe the best bullpen with the solid3 they have in their
Storen is a good setup/closer. But Revere's one of the purest hitters in baseball. He led the NL in hits two years ago. I think he was worth more. That, and Saunders is always hurt.

I wish they would've traded Saunders...
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102

User avatar
Port hockey1
Posts: 2596
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:48 pm
Location: Maroon's

Re: Are the Toronto Blue Jays the real deal???

Post by Port hockey1 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:35 pm

Caledonia Fan wrote:They live in die by the long ball. Your right why did they trade Ben. After looking for a lead off hitter all last year.
Piller has not been that bad but I like him down in the order he adds some spark.How many strike outs so far crazy
Bullpen been bad but I don't think Gibbons have manage them very well. In fact he's getting out managed by Boston.
For being the real deal time will tell. A lot of the other clubs have bought in some high prize talent.
But it's early yet that's want they keep tell'in us anyway.

How many timeouts ( video review ) are we going to see at second base this year with this new slide rule. (crazy)
I'm not a Gibbons fan. I still laugh at the fact that they fired the guy... Then re-hired him a few years later, despite never managing any other teams in between. Yeah, that's how you find a good manager, you hire the guy you fired two years ago :lol:

The sliding rule is just pathetic. Gibbons was right on the money when he made the dresses comment.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102

Cali vairs!
Posts: 283
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: Are the Toronto Blue Jays the real deal???

Post by Cali vairs! » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:22 pm

Port u are right he is a great hitter. But his defence is really weak. He makes tons of errors. I love the guy
Don't get me wrong though. Saunders is about the same hitting wise. More power but usually less contact hits (singles, sometimes doubles). Both had great speed as well. Saunders is 10x better defensively though if he can stay healthy.

User avatar
Port hockey1
Posts: 2596
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:48 pm
Location: Maroon's

Re: Are the Toronto Blue Jays the real deal???

Post by Port hockey1 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:52 pm

Cali vairs! wrote:Port u are right he is a great hitter. But his defence is really weak. He makes tons of errors. I love the guy
Don't get me wrong though. Saunders is about the same hitting wise. More power but usually less contact hits (singles, sometimes doubles). Both had great speed as well. Saunders is 10x better defensively though if he can stay healthy.
I hope we get a full season out of him. Donaldson's off to a great start. Love the big 4 in the rotation too.(Stroman, Sanchez, Estrada & Happ)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102

three dog night
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:04 pm

Re: Are the Toronto Blue Jays the real deal???

Post by three dog night » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:00 pm

Win tonight back to 500.

User avatar
Port hockey1
Posts: 2596
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:48 pm
Location: Maroon's

Re: Are the Toronto Blue Jays the real deal???

Post by Port hockey1 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:28 pm

three dog night wrote:Win tonight back to 500.
Stroman, Sanchez, Estrada & Happ are all dealing. Cecil, Morales, Storen, Osuna... Donaldson, Bautista, Encarnacion, Martin, Tulowitzki, Pillar, Travis, Goins...

Yup... I'm officially getting ready for another run at the A.L. East! :smt020 :smt021 :smt033 :smt109
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102

User avatar
Port hockey1
Posts: 2596
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:48 pm
Location: Maroon's

Re: Are the Toronto Blue Jays the real deal???

Post by Port hockey1 » Mon May 02, 2016 11:33 pm

Certain relievers just aren't getting it done. There's a couple of guys who should be money on the mound who need to find their groove.

A lot of hitters chasing pitches that are off the plate, that needs to be dealt with ASAP! These guys weren't chasing anything last season. Something needs to be done, a team meeting or something.

I'm still amazed at Jose Bautista's eye at the plate. One of the best eye's in baseball!
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102

Post Reply