Things

A discussion area for things not hockey related.

Moderators: Blades, RocketGirl

Locked
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:09 pm
Location: Ontario
Contact:

Re: Silence is GOLDEN

Post by Administrator » Thu May 28, 2015 9:53 pm

Port hockey1 wrote: You posted that message for one reason. You thought it would incite flyers2011 and me to argue.
Wow, it's your world and you're living in it aren't you? LOL




User avatar
Blades
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: Watching some sport somewhere.

Re: Things

Post by Blades » Thu May 28, 2015 11:40 pm

Port -- I think part of the reason you are "called out" more often than others is simply because of the volume of your posts. You seem to have opinions on everything and feel the need to share them with us. Fine by me. However, because you post so often and because it sometimes comes off as very abrasive, I feel the need to "reel you back in" every so often.

I'm NOT saying you can't have opinions NOR post them here. Just simply realize that not everyone agrees with you. Sometimes posters (I) get a bit weary at reading post after post by you, telling each and every one of us how our opinions are wrong -- about anything and everything -- unless we agree with your position. It almost seems as though you enjoy arguing. Well there are times when I reach my limit of such and feel the need to put my foot down.

You wonder why you seem to be the only person whom I call out IN the forum rather than in PM. Well that's because when I've PM'd other posters, they usually understand what I am trying to say to them and behave accordingly.

I really do need to get going. Got a lacrosse game out of town to attend tomorrow and it's going to be a long day. Yeah, I do have a life outside of hockey and it keeps me quite busy.

Have a nice Friday, folks.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic

User avatar
Port hockey1
Posts: 2596
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:48 pm
Location: Maroon's

Re: Silence is GOLDEN

Post by Port hockey1 » Fri May 29, 2015 12:52 am

Administrator wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote: You posted that message for one reason. You thought it would incite flyers2011 and me to argue.
Wow, it's your world and you're living in it aren't you? LOL

Since you're clearly bored and enjoying this to some extent, here's my last reply. You might be enjoying this, you might not like some of my posts, others amuse you apparently.

But posting a pm public on the board is just a Richard move on your part. You reply talking like you're some upstanding guy, yet here you are at your desk breaking your own rules.

You've asked for things to be taken to pm's before, what's the point if it's only a pm when you want it to be? I hope you start with the wrong person one day, then we'll see who's immune to the courts.

And yes, you were clearly trying to start something by posting that Private message on the public forum. How can you tell people to stop inciting, then do it yourself because you're "bored"?

Big hypocrite, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. :smt009 :smt023
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102

User avatar
Port hockey1
Posts: 2596
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:48 pm
Location: Maroon's

Re: Things

Post by Port hockey1 » Fri May 29, 2015 1:00 am

Blades wrote:Port -- I think part of the reason you are "called out" more often than others is simply because of the volume of your posts. You seem to have opinions on everything and feel the need to share them with us. Fine by me. However, because you post so often and because it sometimes comes off as very abrasive, I feel the need to "reel you back in" every so often.

I'm NOT saying you can't have opinions NOR post them here. Just simply realize that not everyone agrees with you. Sometimes posters (I) get a bit weary at reading post after post by you, telling each and every one of us how our opinions are wrong -- about anything and everything -- unless we agree with your position. It almost seems as though you enjoy arguing. Well there are times when I reach my limit of such and feel the need to put my foot down.

You wonder why you seem to be the only person whom I call out IN the forum rather than in PM. Well that's because when I've PM'd other posters, they usually understand what I am trying to say to them and behave accordingly.

I really do need to get going. Got a lacrosse game out of town to attend tomorrow and it's going to be a long day. Yeah, I do have a life outside of hockey and it keeps me quite busy.

Have a nice Friday, folks.
Well that was some very decent reasoning. I'd like to point out that when I mentioned you earlier, It didn't even occur to me that I had just drug you into something. I should've sent a PM if I was going to mention it, but being called out publicly was frustrating and until this post, I didn't understand why I was. Well, I guess PM's aren't so private anymore. :smt009

There's a few people that get pretty riled when I disagree with something, I don't mean to come off as being the only one who's correct, but I have gotten excited on here a few times. Sometimes when I disagree with an opinion it might look different in text than it was meant to be, that is my fault.

Anyways, I don't want to take anymore of your time, have a good trip Blades. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102

User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:09 pm
Location: Ontario
Contact:

Re: Silence is GOLDEN

Post by Administrator » Fri May 29, 2015 1:07 pm

Port hockey1 wrote: Since you're clearly bored and enjoying this to some extent, here's my last reply. You might be enjoying this, you might not like some of my posts, others amuse you apparently.

But posting a pm public on the board is just a Richard move on your part. You reply talking like you're some upstanding guy, yet here you are at your desk breaking your own rules.

You've asked for things to be taken to pm's before, what's the point if it's only a pm when you want it to be? I hope you start with the wrong person one day, then we'll see who's immune to the courts.

And yes, you were clearly trying to start something by posting that Private message on the public forum. How can you tell people to stop inciting, then do it yourself because you're "bored"?

Big hypocrite, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. :smt009 :smt023
Ok, now I grow weary of this thread. (Probably because it's Friday and I'm wrapping up for the week.)
I'm having a hard time dealing with the fact that a random user (pssst, that's you);
- I've never met
- has no bearing on anything related to my actual life
- admittedly "voted most hated on the Golden Horseshoe forum"
- appears to have that same vote here

All this is you, and you tell me you have no respect for me? I'm not sure how I will continue on with my life, having the burden of knowing you have no respect for me. I'm sure with therapy and a loving family, I will somehow make it. *sniff*

Well, since you claimed this will be your last response on this, I'm going to help you out by locking this thread. Why? Richard says so. LOL

Locked