Forum rules

A discussion area for things not hockey related.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Forum rules

Post by Port hockey1 »

Note: This topic is what this board is intended for

I notice that a few commenters like to make personal insults and complain about certain posts. Just want to point out that when people decide to chime in to say what they think of others comments, that they're just as guilty as the person they're ranting about. A bit hypocritical to say the least.

I just read a comment the other day that said how much they enjoy that said poster is always very informative and how it was nice that said poster doesn't go off topic or resort to name calling. Well, tonight here is that very same un-named poster calling another names and going a bit off topic.

Funny how some only read what they want to see and not everything that has been written. Time for the pot to stop calling the kettle black. If anyone has a problem with a post, report it. Because as soon as you complain on the forum you are in fact guilty of doing the same thing.

I will end this by saying I hope the Mods run this site without bias and that everyone is handed the same fate for breaching rules. I'm not saying that there is bias, just pointing out that I hope there isn't. This site is not privately owned from what I understand. The rules of posting basically says the people that maintain the site has a set of rules to follow as well.

Just wanted to get this off of my chest. Thank you.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Re: Forum rules

Post by Port hockey1 »

And I know I've been guilty of posting when someone goes off topic lately. This will not happen anymore. I will just report the comment.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

make sure you take some of your own advice.
End of a era in Leamington
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:make sure you take some of your own advice.
Last night you breached rules several times, I don't need advice from you!
Blades

Post by Blades »

Going off topic is one thing, and it happens quite often at many of the boards which I post/lurk. It happens quite often that the a topic morphs into something different than the original topic. That tends to happen and it's not a big deal. But that's not really the problem as I see it.

What I see taking place is some name calling back and forth like a couple of children. If posters wish to name call then take it to PM and let that be your battleground. Getting into an argument with another poster and name calling is not the response I would hope from adults. Sometimes you just have to let it go and take the higher ground. If the two of you still can't resolve the matter, then make a complaint to the mods or the admin.

As for who owns this site, I believe it IS privately run -- by the Admin.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Blades wrote:Going off topic is one thing, and it happens quite often at many of the boards which I post/lurk. It happens quite often that the a topic morphs into something different than the original topic. That tends to happen and it's not a big deal. But that's not really the problem as I see it.

What I see taking place is some name calling back and forth like a couple of children. If posters wish to name call then take it to PM and let that be your battleground. Getting into an argument with another poster and name calling is not the response I would hope from adults. Sometimes you just have to let it go and take the higher ground. If the two of you still can't resolve the matter, then make a complaint to the mods or the admin.

As for who owns this site, I believe it IS privately run -- by the Admin.
In the rules it says a company that starts with the letter H owns the forum. Not that it matters. I had just assumed one of the mods owned it until I saw that, that's why I mentioned it.

And thank you for mentioning that people go off topic all the time. Thank you for mentioning that the topics sometimes even change on some threads. Because I shouldn't be told to stay on topic when the Mods cant even do so at times.(RG is guilty here somtetimes:)

As for the name calling, I agree it's getting pathetic, I edited a few posts the other day after being disgusted with myself. I am making an effort to not respond to name calling with more name calling. It looks bad to the kids that read this too.

Thank you for taking the time to post on this thread. I doubted anyone would bother. I know the Mods put a lot of work into this forum and for that I thank all of you. :)