Siskins New Name & Logo

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RocketGirl

Siskins New Name & Logo

Post by RocketGirl »

Waterloo has a new name and logo.

This is going to be controversial, but can anyone see what's wrong with this new logo?
Attachments
IMG_20200521_103758.jpg
IMG_20200521_103758.jpg (79.18 KiB) Viewed 10724 times
IMG_20200521_103804.jpg
IMG_20200521_103804.jpg (85.2 KiB) Viewed 10724 times
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
phillipdh

Re: Siskins New Name & Logo

Post by phillipdh »

Waterloo Siskins Kitchener
Waterloo Kitchener Siskins
I make hockey teams look good
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

They are now the KW Siskins.

Their crest should read, Kitchener Waterloo Siskins. not Waterloo Kitchener Siskins.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

My OCD is very bothered by this. I'm guessing their theory is they're honouring Waterloo by putting it at the top, but it's wrong. It would have been much better if they designed a whole new logo, maybe even picked a new name.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

And with one swoop of the pen.. A team with a tremendous history and traditión is snuffed out!! Great mové... NOT!!!

That is the one thing that this league has, well two things actually.. History and traditión! I am sure that will soon disappear as well with the types of decisions that have been made at the league level!

Really such a shame!!
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

FrozenPonds wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:45 pm And with one swoop of the pen.. A team with a tremendous history and traditión is snuffed out!! Great mové... NOT!!!

That is the one thing that this league has, well two things actually.. History and traditión! I am sure that will soon disappear as well with the types of decisions that have been made at the league level!

Really such a shame!!
1. How, by adding Kitchener, does it take away anything from the legacy?

2. The ones who complain the loudest about any of these things are the ones who don't seem to actually volunteer to help these teams keep on going...
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

ILuvHockey...first off..volunteering needs to be accepted. Trust me, you would not want me volunteering with this league. Too much would get done!

But feel free to PM me...I like to know who I am talking to regarding these matters and vice versa. I mean I have even been called JM on this board..LOL. And he wasnt a bad guy...just his approach was all wrong.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

Waterloo 1937
Kitchener 1956

You could take the entire OJHL team lineup and it probably wouldnt amount to the same number of years that these two storied franchises have! That is history...that is legacy
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

FP,
In reading your posts on the Western Forum and this forum I'm beginning to believe you are well informed on the goings on of the GOJHL. I gather from one of your comments, you offered your services as a volunteer and were rejected. This doesn't surprise me. The old boys club probably see you as a threat. You seem to have knowledge of and are well versed in the hockey structure here in Ontario plus you appear to have a strong interest in the GOJHL

I hear that Commissioner Mark Tuck is a reasonable guy and I'm sure if he reads your comments he will at least make contact with you and listen to what you have to say. If you don't hear from him, maybe you should give him a call.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

BTDT... I have no idea on the goings on in the GO. All I can tell you is what I dont see.. And that is progress.

Look, the GO have made a few blunders over the last 18 months least of which was approving an OJHL team within their geographical footprint. That was a REAL head-scratcher. It made me think of two things... The first was about the vote to allow it. What was the percentage needed and who allowed/voted for it and what were their motive for doing so. Second... What was in it for the league? I would love to hear from Mark Tuck on the rationale for allowing that. But I dont know Mark personally but we have a history I will not get into here. Lets just say I am not fond of his communicating skills nor his delivery.

I think the GOJHL is great hockey. When kids mové on the the BCHL, AJHL, NAHL, USHL or the NCAA or CIS, that is an accomplishment and a step up. Losing kids to the Ojhl is a lateral mové at best. The Ojhl suffers from "stick" envy as the GOJHL has, or had, two things the Ojhl craves.. Stability and fan support/attendance. By stability, I mean at the team level. Teams are entrenched in their respective centres. There is no stability at the league level. Three comissioners in three years... With the current being a member of a board that could not get anything accomplished during that time and going back the last 5 years. If you ask me... Replace the Board with some forward thinkers whose process doesnt revolve around the "value" of their franchises.

Then, for god's sakes, come up with a plan!! That "deal" the Ojhl has with the OHA is about to expire. Do you have a plan in place, not if, but when the OJ shows up on your doorstep? You already left the door unlocked by allowing a team in your geographical foot print. Do you think they will show the courtesy and knock before they enter? Under Armour has a slogan,,, "Protect the House".. You should familiarize yourselves with it unless there is some back room deal you are not telling anyone about.

On another note, the other day I saw a Twitter post by something called the GOJHL Insider.. Making comment about another league and their draft. Not sure who is the author or if they are affiliated with the league but I have one thing to say... Get your own house in order before you start making comments about another league aka throwing stones. Remember when that league first came out? People were laughing as it was a Pay For Play league. That was how many years ago? And guess what, they are still around and where are all the teams in the GO now? You guessed it... Pay to Play!