Finals, Listowel vs Elmira Predictions

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Finals, Listowel vs Elmira Predictions

Post by Port hockey1 »

Listowel got a good fight out of Waterloo, as their second round series went 7 games. Listowel has a lot more depth at forward than Elmira. It`s hard to comment on their defence, as I haven`t seen either team play this season.

But it looks like it might be a goaltender battle in the finals. Elmira has really stepped up their play for the playoffs. I`m not sure if they are good enough to beat Listowel...

But I`m going with Elmira in 7.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Hockeylover321

Re: Finals, Listowel vs Elmira Predictions

Post by Hockeylover321 »

I like how you think. It would give the Kings the Cherrey Cup they weren't able to win last season.

One thing that could make a difference will be Lansink is out. Anyone know what is happening with him?
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Hockeylover321 wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:58 pm I like how you think. It would give the Kings the Cherrey Cup they weren't able to win last season.

One thing that could make a difference will be Lansink is out. Anyone know what is happening with him?
He fell awkwardly in Game 3 (I think?) and started convulsing on the ice after hitting his neck weird. It was a long 30-40 minute delay from what I recall. I did see him walking around during Game 6 in Waterloo though, with some of his teammates, so he's at least feeling some normalcy.

I know Jake Lee is also out and limping pretty severely after a weird fall late in the series.
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

Honestly, I think Elmira can take it, Listowel won their series by 1 goal, but I don't expect them to get blown over either.

Elmira in 7
Hockeylover321

Post by Hockeylover321 »

ILuvHackey wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:03 am
Hockeylover321 wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:58 pm I like how you think. It would give the Kings the Cherrey Cup they weren't able to win last season.

He fell awkwardly in Game 3 (I think?) and started convulsing on the ice after hitting his neck weird. It was a long 30-40 minute delay from what I recall. I did see him walking around during Game 6 in Waterloo though, with some of his teammates, so he's at least feeling some normalcy.

I know Jake Lee is also out and limping pretty severely after a weird fall late in the series.
Oh my gosh I hadn't heard all that about Lansink. It must have been very frightening. Glad to hear he is at least up and about......and Jake Lee as well. Such a shame when injuries happen at this time of year when they have worked so hard to get where they are.

Looking forward to getting this series started! It should be a very exciting one in front of packed arenas!
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Lansink is playing Game 1, so I think he's recovered.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Hockeylover321

Post by Hockeylover321 »

Wow that was a miraculous recovery considering they said he was probably done for the season.

Well Listowel certainly did not overwhelm the Kings tonight. Mazzocato played very well. I do believe it's going to be a tight series.

Oh and what is a game without whining about the refs. Although I do have to say it's a nice change to not see the usual culprits from the Midwest. Hopefully we are done with Mr Lang for the year.
Hockeyhead1

Post by Hockeyhead1 »

What are your thoughts after the game 3 officiating in the Mid West final....Listy 1-11 on the PP, ESK 2-7 on the PP...that's 18 calls in a 60 minute game :shock:
Hockeylover321

Post by Hockeylover321 »

The officiating in game 3 was disgraceful. Those guys shouldn't even have their credentials. Particularly loved the cross checking call on the ESK player when he didn't even have a stick in his hands.
Hockeyhead1

Post by Hockeyhead1 »

I agree. You had two two officials that could not identify a "hockey play" from a callable infraction (for the record there were aweful calls both ways) . They were completely out of their element. Had to love how the one strips gives his ear to the Listy coach for a good 3 minutes before the start of the third and then the next thing you know ESK is run to the box on four straight minors in the third. Hockey plays? Callable infractions? Who knows, but the optics of it look terrible on the official. A ref with common sense/experience would never put himself in that situation. Coach wants to talk, give 20 seconds, then tell him enough and skate away. Maybe they play slo-pitch together... :wink:

The good news is that game four officiating was well done. Let them play, called what needed to be called and I don't think anyone has a complaint. Congrats to Listy, they were the better team in the series. Hopefully ESK can regroup and play as they can as the wildcard.
Hockeylover321

Post by Hockeylover321 »

Hockeyhead1 wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:45 am I agree. You had two two officials that could not identify a "hockey play" from a callable infraction (for the record there were aweful calls both ways) . They were completely out of their element. Had to love how the one strips gives his ear to the Listy coach for a good 3 minutes before the start of the third and then the next thing you know ESK is run to the box on four straight minors in the third. Hockey plays? Callable infractions? Who knows, but the optics of it look terrible on the official. A ref with common sense/experience would never put himself in that situation. Coach wants to talk, give 20 seconds, then tell him enough and skate away. Maybe they play slo-pitch together... :wink:

The good news is that game four officiating was well done. Let them play, called what needed to be called and I don't think anyone has a complaint. Congrats to Listy, they were the better team in the series. Hopefully ESK can regroup and play as they can as the wildcard.
Totally agree. Hopefully the League took notice of game 3 and didn't want to embarrass themselves any further so they brought in decent officials for game 4. I do think it could have been nasty in Elmira last night if it had been the same as game 3.

Here's to hoping the next round is better officiated than the last.