Round 2 playoff predictions

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Round 2 playoff predictions

Post by Port hockey1 »

(1) Listowel vs (4) Waterloo;

Listowel has been great all season and showed no signs of slowing down in the first round. Great goaltending all year

Waterloo seems to be a team that rely's on depth(like Leamington), and they have some solid veteran players. Also have a great goalie. They always seem to find a way to win in the playoffs...

Listowel in 6

(2) Elmira vs (3) Kitchener;

On paper Kitchener looks like a powerhouse like last season. But their top players had slow starts this year, but they've been playing good as a unit lately. Taking out Stratford looked to be easier than it would have been in previous years. They just seemed to struggle a lot this season.

Elmira probably has the best goalie in the GOJHL. They also have a few great snipers, including a good veteran Corvair. I don't think this series will be as close as some might think...

Elmira in 5
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Re: Round 2 playoff predictions

Post by RocketGirl »

Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

(1) Listowel vs (4) Waterloo - As much as it pains me to say this, Listowel in 6

(2) Elmira vs (3) Kitchener;

Elmira in 7
SebJHockey

Post by SebJHockey »

I'm going to say Listowel in 5. With the break off, I don't know how Waterloo will rebound after that Cambridge series. Both teams beat the hell out of eachother.

Elmira is 6. Elmira has the depth and goaltending that Kitchener doesn't. Kitcheners goaltending if fine but Reinhart is playing on a different level these days.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Kitchener up 2-0 is a big surprise to me. I guess that's why they call the playoffs a new season. I think Elmira is still in it though.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
SebJHockey

Post by SebJHockey »

Port hockey1 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:52 am Kitchener up 2-0 is a big surprise to me. I guess that's why they call the playoffs a new season. I think Elmira is still in it though.
Yeah, Elmira will have the final say still IMO. Still think they win it.

Kitchener doesn't have enough depth to grind through 7 games against a top team IMO.