99ers making the playoffs...

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

arcprohd

99ers making the playoffs...

Post by arcprohd »

Gotta say I'm really looking forward to this series. To start off; the team really pulling together to steal the final playoff spot from Brampton. I know its a long shot but I hope Brantford can make every game with Listowel a battle. If they stick together, avoid penalties and trap, trap, trap maybe they could even win a game or 2.

Actually makes the gap before round 2 and the Corvairs series bearable.
Port hockey1

Re: 99ers making the playoffs...

Post by Port hockey1 »

I honestly didn't notice that they made it. I thought Brampton had it locked up. Nothing against Brampton, but I thought Brantford had a better group of players. More scoring. Brampton has some good kids on their team, but I was really hoping Brantford could pull it off. Probably partly because they have a few Caledonia castoffs on their team. They should make their series interesting.

On a similar note; Anyone else notice how odd the boxscores look when those two teams play each other? The penalty summary's make you take a closer look, the names are so similar. lol
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
arcprohd

Post by arcprohd »

So true about the former Corvairs... Pace.. Finger.. they all seem to be making an impact. This is a team that could have an impact. When expectations are low expect this team to shine. Coaching change made all the difference. And the goaltending by Reinhart has been strong as well.

Can't wait to follow along on FastHockey. Heres hoping they get audio on their broadcasts. Cant get used to watching in silence.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

reinart may be able to steal one but thats if all the stars align. Last time i saw the two teams in Brantford it wasnt even close. IMO Brantford won't be able to keep up with listowel. Walker and finger will have to have huge games for them to compete. I hope Brantford can steal one or two