We say good-bye to 'Joe'

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Blades

We say good-bye to 'Joe'

Post by Blades »

I have been given permission from family to make this post and I do so with a saddened and heavy heart.

Our Jr B family have lost one of our own as of last evening -- Joe Brooks.
He was the Equipment Manager for 22 years with the Strathroy Rockets. You always knew Joe was in the house because he would be seen wearing his tri-coloured toque sporting the colours of his beloved Rockets. I never really got to know the man, but I did get to know his daughter -- RocketGirl as she is called on this board.

I know this is a difficult time for the family, going through the steps of grief. On behalf of my family and I, we wish to express our condolences to the Brooks family and will keep them in prayer.

Tonight the Rockets were playing in Sarnia and both of Joe's adult children took in the game -- one as a spectator, the other as bench personnel. They said it was what their dad would have wanted ... and I can totally understand it when you consider how much hockey was a part of Joe's life.

Good bye Joe. You will be missed.

More information can be found on his obituary page
http://strathroy.denningfuneralhomes.co ... bute-start
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
ILuvHackey

Re: We say good-bye to 'Joe'

Post by ILuvHackey »

All the best to Stacey, Mike and family. The league lost a good one.

MORE COWBELL!