Brantford 99ers

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Caledonia Fan

Brantford 99ers

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://www.sachem.ca/sports-story/68465 ... rs-season/

Brantford could easily win both games at the showcase.
There going to go as far as Cameron Zanussi takes them.
With a lot of teams with new goaltenders in the MidWest.
It could come down to who has the best goaltending.
ILuvHackey

Re: Brantford 99ers

Post by ILuvHackey »

Zanussi has been awful to start, and that team can't score to save it's life.

Was in Brantford to see them and Guelph last night with the only MW game on... they had THREE pucks thrown for "Chuck a Puck". I was told they had seven for their home opener. The only people showing up are family and friends.
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

[quote="ILuvHackey"

Was in Brantford to see them and Guelph last night with the only MW game on... they had THREE pucks thrown for "Chuck a Puck". I was told they had seven for their home opener. The only people showing up are family and friends.[/quote]

I was at the home opener, and the even the player introductions were disorganized. I think since the Polillo's left (the father and 2 sons), the franchise seems to disorganized and to be honest, I do not think they'll make the playoffs. I'm still stunned they applied for Jr. A status.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Agreed. Originally thought Brampton was the worst coming into the season, and then I saw Brantford. Considering they have their four top D back, Walker back, an OHL goalie, and a number of other returnees, they shouldn't be this bad....

Again, embarrassing.
SebJHockey

Post by SebJHockey »

ILuvHackey wrote:Agreed. Originally thought Brampton was the worst coming into the season, and then I saw Brantford. Considering they have their four top D back, Walker back, an OHL goalie, and a number of other returnees, they shouldn't be this bad....

Again, embarrassing.

Not to mention the nepotism going on there.

The owner has his kid playing for the team and the kid is by far the worst skater I've ever seen. He skates like he has a piano on his back. Guys hesitate to pass him the puck and just overall he shouldn't be in this league.

It's stuff like that that can slow some teams down. I hate ripping on kids but I also hate seeing guys have to go threw tryouts, play everyday with a kid undeserving of the spot.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

How long has Wes Consorti been an assistant coach with them? I remember him as a rookie in Port Colborne years ago. I always wondered what happened with him.

Edit: I see he's been there 4 years. Nothing listed under elite prospects from when he played Jr.B, just Jr.A... :?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102