Brampton Bombers

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Caledonia Fan

Brampton Bombers

Post by Caledonia Fan »

The Bombers have 19 players signed and ready to go already.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIITjb5jMKi/
Port hockey1

Re: Brampton Bombers

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:The Bombers have 19 players signed and ready to go already.

I can't get the link to open... But having that many signed already is odd.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

I found it on GOJHL Rumours2 twitter. It seems to be a good source for up to date information
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Port hockey1 wrote:

Not really - you'd be surprised at how many guys are signed by teams like Kitchener, Waterloo, etc. They get most of their guys on cards the day they come out and just don't announce them all.

What surprised me about Brampton is that 15 of them have no junior experience and were playing Midget last year, with something like 10 of those 15 being from the Brampton 45's Midget team. That's a recipe for a bad year.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

ILuvHackey wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:

Not really - you'd be surprised at how many guys are signed by teams like Kitchener, Waterloo, etc. They get most of their guys on cards the day they come out and just don't announce them all.

What surprised me about Brampton is that 15 of them have no junior experience and were playing Midget last year, with something like 10 of those 15 being from the Brampton 45's Midget team. That's a recipe for a bad year.
I know some of the top teams sign guys early, but an entire roster... :shock:

Yep, that many rookies is indeed a good indication that it will be a long season for them.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Port hockey1 wrote:
ILuvHackey wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:

Yep, that many rookies is indeed a good indication that it will be a long season for them.
A friend of mine is involved with a Midwest team and he's told me they only have 4-5 spots up for grabs come main camp.

But yeah, hopefully Brampton has an ace up their sleeve. Bringing up the midget coach and then allowing him to sign half of his old team is quite risky.
Red blacks

Post by Red blacks »

ILuvHackey wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:
ILuvHackey wrote:

A friend of mine is involved with a Midwest team and he's told me they only have 4-5 spots up for grabs come main camp.

But yeah, hopefully Brampton has an ace up their sleeve. Bringing up the midget coach and then allowing him to sign half of his old team is quite risky.
i am not sure what that ace would be. i think i have this right. going by there roster they only lost 2 overagers. they lost 1 to ojhl (toronto jr. canadiens)they dumped all there 20 year olds. including there top 2 scores. long season no doubt about it.