Listowel in 0-2 hole

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Listowel in 0-2 hole

Post by Port hockey1 »

Listowel lost 5-3 today and now trail Waterloo 2-0. Surprising considering they were on fire(Listowel) coming into these playoffs.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
ILuvHackey

Re: Listowel in 0-2 hole

Post by ILuvHackey »

Maybe give Loo some credit? ;)

One of the most potent offenses in the league since Christmas.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Waterloo played well yesterday. To be completely honest, I didn't think they'd have a chance in this series, but they've turned it on. They're the underdog in this and have absolutely nothing to lose.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Waterloo has kept Huber off the board. Gazzola has been matched hard against him and it seems to be working in Loo's favor.
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

ILuvHackey wrote:Waterloo has kept Huber off the board. Gazzola has been matched hard against him and it seems to be working in Loo's favor.
I was away in Ottawa this weekend, so I missed out on the games, but I'm looking forward to possibly going up to Listowel tomorrow. In my defense, I saw Mike Hoffman play, so at least I saw 1 Hoffman haha

Datz has been pretty good his last 5 games:
02/28/16 vs Brantford 7-1 W 60:00 1 26 25
02/21/16 @ Elmira 3-4 L 66:52 4 37 33
02/15/16 @ Cambridge 5-2 W 60:00 2 39 37
02/14/16 vs Brantford 6-2 W 58:08 2 40 38
02/12/16 @ Brampton 2-0 W 59:51 0 25 25

A .946% Save percentage and in the playoffs a 0.941% over two games. If Waterloo can shutdown Huber, and Datz plays as he has the past 7 games, Waterloo could take it.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Is Waterloo going to sweep Listowel, or will the Cyclones be able to pull out a game tonight and force Game 5 on Friday?

If there's a Game 5, I'm tempted to make the trip.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

RocketGirl wrote:Is Waterloo going to sweep Listowel, or will the Cyclones be able to pull out a game tonight and force Game 5 on Friday?
I was up in Listowel yesterday and they were leading Waterloo by 1 with 8 mins to go, Waterloo tied it to force OT then in OT, Waterloo calls a time out less than a minute into OT, and then 30 seconds later Nate Schnarr scores the winner.

I was talking to a Listowel fan and he told me he doesn't see Listowel winning today, due to Waterloo's wider ice. That OT loss must have been demoralizing as well.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

A sweep it is. Full credit to Waterloo, they cooled down one of the hottest teams in the league. Must be a huge confidence builder.

The Guelph vs Elmira series looks like a good one. Looks like Elmira's goalie has been like a rock for them.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I clearly underestimated Waterloo. I didn't expect them to beat Listowel, let alone sweep them. The next round against Kitchener could be interesting, but I'm hoping to make it to a few games.
Queen of the GOJHL