Kitchener hangs on for game 1 win

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Kitchener hangs on for game 1 win

Post by Port hockey1 »

4-2 tonight, despite dominating in shots on goal it was a 3-2 game with an empty net goal.

Kitchener has struggled historically in 1st round series, this could get interesting. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
ILuvHackey

Re: Kitchener hangs on for game 1 win

Post by ILuvHackey »

They're a generally "soft" team with high end offense. I have my reserves about their ability to grind it out. It's why I really think Listy or Stratford are the teams to beat in the MidWest.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Serious question, I'm not looking for an argument, I'm just wondering how you figure that Kitchener has struggled historically in the first round. I went back the last 3 years and they played Listowel, defeating them 4-2, 4-0, and 4-1.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

I think he meant 2nd round
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:Serious question, I'm not looking for an argument, I'm just wondering how you figure that Kitchener has struggled historically in the first round. I went back the last 3 years and they played Listowel, defeating them 4-2, 4-0, and 4-1.
Because they've lost games to bottom teams in the 1st round before. I didn't mean that they lose in the 1st round, just that winning the round has never seemed to come easy for them the last few years.

The top teams usually tend to get through round 1 without much trouble. But it always seems like Kitchener is in a tough series in round 1.

Maybe its just me, cheers RG. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

jfvoll wrote:I think he meant 2nd round
Well, sort of... The 1st round always seems to take more out of them than it should. Most top teams just coast through round 1. But Kitchener always seems to get a run for their money.

Maybe that has them worn down for round 2 more than they should be... I can't put my finger on it, but they always seem to have a lot of talent, but end up playing like a team that's average in the playoffs. Maybe its their opponents, maybe they just get pumped to play them...
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Another close game

6-4 tonight with another empty net goal. Kitchener might come out of this round worn out more than Stratford.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

The Dutchies haven't really beat up on anyone this year. All the games have been relatively close, with the exception of a 7-0, 7-1, 8-2 win here and there. They didn't have any games that went double digits.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Everyone knows of there offence.
But there a very good defensive team too.
Very comfortable in close games.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Brantford edges Kitchener in game 3

With a big 4-3 win tonight, Brantford now trails Kitchener 2-1 in their best of seven series.

Can't say I didn't see this coming. :)
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I gotta give props to Brantford for pulling out a win yesterday, in Kitchener. Neither myself or Pete Crosby figured they'd win a game. The fact that they made the play-offs was a huge accomplishment for them.
Queen of the GOJHL

jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

Will Rawski made 51 saves that game. He's pretty good in my opinion and when I saw the scores from the first 2 games, I know he would be able to get them a win (despite not playing Game 1)
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

jfvoll wrote:Will Rawski made 51 saves that game. He's pretty good in my opinion and when I saw the scores from the first 2 games, I know he would be able to get them a win (despite not playing Game 1)
In my opinion, Rawski is why Brantford made the playoffs. Period.

Every time I saw them play Loo or the Bridge... he won them the game.