Trades

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RocketGirl

Trades

Post by RocketGirl »

The trade deadline is coming up on Sunday. There's been a few trades in the Midwest made already, between Cambridge & Elmira and Waterloo & Brampton. I'm sure there will be more before the week is over.

This was anonymously emailed to me and it's a list of what each team needs, who's on the block, and buyers and sellers.

Kitchener
What they need – Not much
On the block – If they were to add any, Tyler Kleine (F), Ryan George (F), Kyle Somani (D)
Who would fit in – Word is Cam Lizzotte (Peterborough Pete) has shown interest. The Dutchies don’t really need any additions as they are a solid team already.
Buyers – Not likely
Selling – Pending additions from Rangers, etc.

Stratford
What they need – Forwards
On the block – Mathieu Mercier (F), Tristan Hohl (F), Dylan Lebold (F)
Who would fit in – Zac Coulter (ELM), Kevin Fitzpatrick (D), Chayse Herrfort (LIS)
Buyers – Likely seeking to add another player upfront to make the offence a little more solid.
Selling – Unlikely

Guelph
What they need – Goalie and Defencemen
On the block – Nicholas Bird (D), Christian Propp (G), Kevin Gergely (F), Kevin Fitzpatrick (D)
Who would fit in – Ramon Lopez (BRA), Josh Astornio (THO), Drew Stirling (CAM), Kyle Somani (KIT), Stephen Harvey (PEL), Scott Patton (CAM), Owen Kipke (WAT), Mitchell Datz(WAT)
Buyers – Looking to add another defenceman to help out on backend
Selling – Possibly, if able to acquire defenceman or goalie

Listowel
What they need – Goalie
On the block – Robert White (D), Max Coyle (D), Ray McFalls (F)
Who would fit in – Christian Propp (GUE), Will Rawski (BFD), Dylan Lebold (STR), Sebastian Stangherlin (GUE), Mitchell Datz (WAT)
Buyers – Might look to add another goalie to solidify the goalie tandem and take pressure off Tyler Fassl. Nick Redmen, former Culliton, may draw interest (Walkerton Jr.C)
Sellers – Doubt it

Elmira
What they need – With acquisition of Kalob Witzell and Beau Goehrum, defence is stronger so they’ll be looking for forwards.
On the block – Kyle Soper (D)
Who would fit in – Ray McFalls (LIS), Tristan Hohl (STR), Ryan George (KIT), Gary Mantz (WAT), Andrew Lane (WAT)
Buyers – May make 1-2 minor trades to improve 3rd and 4th lines
Sellers – Recently traded Montgomery and VanWyhnberghe to Cambridge. May look to deal young Soper as well.

Brampton
What they need – Offensive forwards
On the block – Ramon Lopez (F), Patrick Zilak (F)
Who would fit in – Nicholas Bird (GUE), Max Coyle (LIS), Tristan Hohl (STR)
Buyers – Probably adding a forward from the OJHL
Sellers – Have sent Anthony Pullicino to Waterloo. Other than that, unlikely, but Lopez is a solid player who may draw interest from top clubs

Brantford
What they need – Forwards, Defence and Goalie
On the block – Not going to release anymore guys unless the players quit as they are already short benched
Who would fit in – Max Coyle (LIS), Kyle Soper (ELM), Brandon Stapley (CAM), Josh Slegers (WAT), Matt Bourbeau (WAT), Owen Kipke (WAT), Gary Mantz (WAT)
Buyers – Going to be all hands on deck to try and get a 20 man lineup as they play shorthanded with roster issues
Sellers – Nope, nothing to offer. Polillo brothers are owner’s kids, so they won’t be dealt.

Cambridge
What they need – Forwards and Goalies
On the block – Brandon Stapley (F), Liam Hurley (F), Cole Cummings (F)
Who would fit in – Gary Mantz (WAT), Patrick Zilak (BRA), Tristan Hohl (STR), Christian Propp (GUE)
Buyers – Looking to add a few bodies. Recently added Montgomery and VanWyhnberghe from Elmira on back end to make it solid.
Sellers – A few players could potentially be traded

Waterloo
What they need – Forwards and Defence
On the block – Gary Mantz (F), Andrew Lane (D), Austin Bentley (F), Graham Evans (F), Josh Slegers (D), Owen Kipke (D), Matt Bourbeau (D), Mitchell Datz (G)
Who would fit in – Cole Cummings (CAM), Liam Hurley (CAM), Kyle Soper (ELM), Max Coyle (LIS)
Buyers – Rumour is that the players are not happy and are wanting out, in which case the Siskins could be busy trying to build again to finish the season.
Sellers – Lots of talent that will draw interest
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
ILuvHackey

Re: Trades

Post by ILuvHackey »

Most of those make zero sense...Many of those make no sense...

Kitchener: They need forwards, just to have bodies. They've been playing a lot of games with 7-9 forwards. They also don't have a goalie at all right now. Richardson is up with the Rangers so much that he just plays games with them and is rarely around other than that.

Cambridge: They're looking to next year.

Waterloo: Just added a top six player from the US. Why would they then sell off?
OHAHockeyFan

Post by OHAHockeyFan »

Was at the Brampton game Sunday. I kind of like them to be surprise upset team. Should have no problem getting by Elmira
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I was in Brampton too! I enjoyed the game, especially when it picked up in the 3rd period. I agree that Brampton isn't going to get rolled over in the play-offs and could be a spoiler.

The person that wrote this article, I'd told them I would post it for them on the blog, but the more I thought about it, and the fact that they won't give me their name, I decided to post it here instead.

Another thing I noticed is that a few of the ones 'on the block' are 16, such as Christian Propp in Guelph, and they can't be traded after Dec. 1, so why throw their name around. Plus, they're usually draft picks and they don't get traded at the B level very often. I know of 1 specific case in the West, but Dad was coach and had gotten fired, so son was traded to another team.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

RocketGirl wrote:I was in Brampton too! I enjoyed the game, especially when it picked up in the 3rd period. I agree that Brampton isn't going to get rolled over in the play-offs and could be a spoiler.

The person that wrote this article, I'd told them I would post it for them on the blog, but the more I thought about it, and the fact that they won't give me their name, I decided to post it here instead.

Another thing I noticed is that a few of the ones 'on the block' are 16, such as Christian Propp in Guelph, and they can't be traded after Dec. 1, so why throw their name around. Plus, they're usually draft picks and they don't get traded at the B level very often. I know of 1 specific case in the West, but Dad was coach and had gotten fired, so son was traded to another team.
A ton of billet import players in those lists too. Very rare they're moved -- hard for teams to find places at this point for them.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Sounds like someone has a wild imagination. Good call on not posting it to the blog RG.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Cycsfan

Post by Cycsfan »

What did Listowel give up to get Pederson?
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Cycsfan wrote:What did Listowel give up to get Pederson?
If nothinjg was announced, probably just cash.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Here's my breakdown of the GOJHL Trade Season.

http://overtimesportsnation.com/gojhl-trade-season/
Queen of the GOJHL