Stratford gets Brooks-potts

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Sunnydays

Stratford gets Brooks-potts

Post by Sunnydays »

The Cullitons just got a whole lot stronger by acquiring Alex Brooks-potts from Aurrora. He was a solid goaltender when he was young and with the Stoney Creek franchise, great pick up for the cullitons. BIG step up from the two that they had.
Port hockey1

Re: Stratford gets Brooks-potts

Post by Port hockey1 »

He's a great goalie. I wonder why he'd wan't to leave Aurora. They treat their players very well.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
OHAHockeyFan

Post by OHAHockeyFan »

Wow Port! For someone whose biggest strength is reading the gamesheet and making up his mind, you sure missed the boat on this one.
Take a look at Auroras new goalie and maybe you can figure out why he left
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

OHAHockeyFan wrote:Wow Port! For someone whose biggest strength is reading the gamesheet and making up his mind, you sure missed the boat on this one.
Take a look at Auroras new goalie and maybe you can figure out why he left
I don't follow them. That is why I wondered. All I know is the guy who runs the L.A. Kings conditioning, is with their team and the players love it.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Pro-FitRocks

Post by Pro-FitRocks »

Big game for Stratford tonight and Brooks-Pott doesn't play? Is he hurt or what?
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Pro-FitRocks wrote:Big game for Stratford tonight and Brooks-Pott doesn't play? Is he hurt or what?
The boxscore shows him as the winning goalie.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Pro-FitRocks wrote:Big game for Stratford tonight and Brooks-Pott doesn't play? Is he hurt or what?
I was there. He played the whole game.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

During the game, Poinstreak showed Poulin as playing, I remember because I was also surprised by that.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Blades

Post by Blades »

PS has been doing some crazy things lately, at least in Sarnia. Our PS person would choose one goalie as the starter yet when the operator finalized the game, PS would show the backup as being the starter. Happened a few times, don't know what caused it.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Blades wrote:PS has been doing some crazy things lately, at least in Sarnia. Our PS person would choose one goalie as the starter yet when the operator finalized the game, PS would show the backup as being the starter. Happened a few times, don't know what caused it.
Same thing happened after the Welland, St.Catharines game this week.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

There's definitely something happening because I rely on PS during warm-up to tell me who the refs are and the starting goalies and there was 2 incidences this past weekend where the starting goalie was not who was listed on PS.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Blades

Post by Blades »

I guess what bothers me is that as a league, we pay good money and yet things like this happens. And don't get me started when a 10 minute misconduct is considered a power play opportunity for a team. You would think after all these years of using the program (for the West, we are in year 11 of using the product) they would figure out that a 10 minute misconduct, regardless of what else happens on that play, does not mean one team is playing short handed.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

My other pet peeve is teams that never have Pointstreak up during warmup. There's 1 particular team that it's never available until almost game time. As I said, I use it for Twitter and to get who the refs and starting goalies are, and when the game isn't up yet, it's difficult to get set up for it.

But you're right Blades, the league/teams spend a lot of money for this program, but it could be the version they're using. I've been told there are certain features that it does, such as calculating =/-, that the league won't pay for.
Queen of the GOJHL

Blades

Post by Blades »

Calculating plus/minus for each player could mean you need another pair of eyes to keep those stats. I *think* Sarnia has someone doing that type of stat, but it could be that I am mistaken and the stat that is given to the coaching team shows the position from which shots on net originated.

And yeah, I've seen where PS for lacrosse has some different stats that you can enter if you have someone doing that stat. Given that there are more than a few who don't even do shots on net, seeing how many loose balls a teams wins in a game is something I rarely see yet it is a stat that is available.