The Mid-West

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

BeenThereDoneThat

The Mid-West

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

There's been a lot of talk this year about the power houses in both Caledonia and Leamington.
and justifiably so. Their records speak for themselves. However don't overlook what's happening
in the Mid-West. Elmira has 25 wins so far this season and have gone 13-2 in their last 15 games and
Kitchener with 23 wins have gone 12-3 in their last 15. Like Caledonia and Leamington these teams
are well coached and barring injuries are more than capable to challenge for the Sutherland Cup. In my
humble opinion another Mid West team that seems to improve game over game is Stratford. They could
be the sleeper in the Mid West.
Port hockey1

Re: The Mid-West

Post by Port hockey1 »

Agreed on Stratford, don't forget about Waterloo though.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Vairs61

Post by Vairs61 »

Great league, wish the Corvairs were still part of it. Every game was a battle.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I haven't been following the Mid-West as closely as my own Conference. We're now into the push for the play-offs and just wondered, of those reading this, what are your thoughts on the Mid-West? Who's poised to win it? Who are the surprises this season? How tight is the middle of the pack? How do we feel about the race for the bottom?

I'm doing some research for an article I'm writing and just trying to get as much info as I can to form an accurate opinion.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Just looking at the standings and some boxscores. But the Mid-West looks like the most competitive division this season. They have 5 teams in a battle for first. The sixth place team hasn't looked bad either. I've heard the wheels are falling off in Brantford though, multiple players possibly wanting out. That could really strengthen the top teams over there.(trades with Brantford)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

I can see Stratford making the finals again, Waterloo seems to be slipping. I think Elmira will win the division but I can't see them making it to the Sutherland Cup Finals though