Play for the Owen Sound Greys

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

VKnights

Play for the Owen Sound Greys

Post by VKnights »

If you would like to try out for the Greys please click the link below to go to their free agent camp on Friday July 9, 2010

http://www.arsenaulthockeygroup.com/ind ... &Itemid=62
ramrod

Re: Play for the Owen Sound Greys

Post by ramrod »

It looks like it will be a hard long season in Owen Sound.When I read that their " parent club " was going to be the Villanova Knights of the tier 2 Jr. A OJHL, I thought it can't be good to get the cast off's from a team that probably half of the team's in the Jr. B GOJHL would beat, and it looks like I was right as they were totally dominated by Elmira in an exabition game.Elmira are themselves a young team and certainly will be no power house in the GOJHL this season.
Good luck in Owen Sound I hope you last the season
Hockeyguy234

Post by Hockeyguy234 »

sure ramrod

you know everything. based on last years performance by the villanova team, i dont think half of the junior b circuit could beat them

as for owen sound, it looks like a long tough season ahead
ramrod

Post by ramrod »

One does not need to "know everything" to know that the only real difference between the OJHL and GOJHL is obviously the letter "G" and the letter "A" instead of the letter "B" even someone with "limited hockey sence" would know that.

What I do find ironic is that a Jr."A" fan would monitor a Jr. "B" forum. :lol:
snocain

Post by snocain »

I wouldn't say that the sugarbabies dominated the game at all.The shots were elmira 47,OS 17 . Not very many goals for that many shots and three of them were in the closing minutes of the third after OS just stopped playing, exhausted maybe seeing as they only had about 13 skaters. The OS goalie stopped 30 shots, elmira stopped 17.OS may have a tough season due to low manpower but they always put up a good fight .
ramrod

Post by ramrod »

You wouldn't say Elmira dominated. :lol: :oops: If like you say the Greys were in it until they stopped playing in the last few minute's of the third, than what would you call the second period when they were out shot 21-1,,, being right in there :?:
snocain

Post by snocain »

I guess not but 47 shots on what I wouldn't call the best goalie in the league resulting in only six goals doesn't say much for the elmira offence unless they took all their shots from centre and they didn't. It helps to have seen the game and I don't think you did.
ramrod

Post by ramrod »

Thank you for making my point.
If you don't want to call it a domination,,, fine, lets just call it a good old fashioned sh!t kicking at the hands of a team like Elmira whom I said in my first post were "themselves a young and certainly no power house team" in this league.
Hockeyguy234

Post by Hockeyguy234 »

hey genius

i was just making a comment

i am not a jr a fan jackass

i was commenting on your opinion - that means nothing

crawl back into your hole

ramrod wrote:One does not need to "know everything" to know that the only real difference between the OJHL and GOJHL is obviously the letter "G" and the letter "A" instead of the letter "B" even someone with "limited hockey sence" would know that.

What I do find ironic is that a Jr."A" fan would monitor a Jr. "B" forum. :lol:
ramrod

Post by ramrod »

Ahhhhhh,, the true no brain hockeyguy comes forth, not only knows nothing about hockey (or how its played) but also cannot have a conversation without hurling childish comments when people express opinions that differ from his. Suck it up cry baby :smt005
Hockeyguy234

Post by Hockeyguy234 »

ramrod wrote:Ahhhhhh,, the true no brain hockeyguy comes forth, not only knows nothing about hockey (or how its played) but also cannot have a conversation without hurling childish comments when people express opinions that differ from his. Suck it up cry baby :smt005

your a joke - keep admiring yourself loser

i have forgotten more about hockey than you will ever know

what team do you support - i myself will catch a few owen sound games - pulling for them

maybe you should tell me what team to follow genius
ramrod

Post by ramrod »

One can almost set his watch by you.
7:00 am- Mommy gets you up
7:10 am- Go to computer
7:11 am- Yell out "mommy how do you spell genius"
7:15 am- Hit submit button and think to your self "I sure got him this time"
8:00 am- Catch bus to public school (going to grade 7 where you have spent the last 3 years). Hey work hard you might just pass this year.
9:00 am-3:30 pm- Spend day in public school being the big dog (you should be,,, Christ your 16 years old)
4:30 pm- Go to computer to see what ramrod has wrote
4:35 pm- 7:00 am- Another sleepless night trying to think of something clever to post when mommy gets me up

A battle of wits with you is like taking candy from a "crybaby"

Look forward to your post tomorrow morning at 7:20 am,,,,,,,oh I forgot tomorrows Saturday, mommy will let you sleep in
snocain

Post by snocain »

That's all fine I guess except it's what ramrod has "written". You can say wrote if you leave "has" out. You two should make up, it's going to be a long winter.
Hockeyguy234

Post by Hockeyguy234 »

thanks mommy - i mean ramrod
ramrod

Post by ramrod »

Somebody skip school today ??? :lol:
HockeyFan1111

Post by HockeyFan1111 »

Ok children, enough banter between eachother. We get it, you disagree... move on.
ramrod

Post by ramrod »

HockeyFan1111 Post subject: Re: Chatham MaroonsPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:11 pm

Can't be true, who in there right mind would keep Swaze around.

You're assuming the new owner (from these rumours) is in their "right mind". Maybe it's just another bunch of goofs that bought the team.

You know what they say about people that live in glass house's
HockeyFan1111

Post by HockeyFan1111 »

except that I was not making personal attacks on someone. I was poking fun at a situation.
ramrod

Post by ramrod »

Maybe it's just another bunch of goofs that bought the team.

Who might the original "bunch" be that you are not "personally" attacking

Maybe you don't know about people in glass house's
HockeyFan1111

Post by HockeyFan1111 »

You're really trying hard to drag me into this nonsense aren't you? I don't want to get into this at all.

A wise person once said:
"Be carefull not to argue with an idiot, people may not be able to tell the difference"
ramrod

Post by ramrod »

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it was you that jumped in and was trying to play the holier than thou part (do as I say, not as I do). Feel free to remove yourself from this conversation if you wish.

The wise person also said " don't get into a battle of wits without ammo "
Blades

Post by Blades »

Well the wise person I heard said this way ...

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

OK, back to your argument.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
ramrod

Post by ramrod »

Blades wrote:Well the wise person I heard said this way ...

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

And look who jumped in ,,,,,,I quit you win !!!!! :wink:
FiveHole

Post by FiveHole »

ramrod wrote:
Blades wrote:Well the wise person I heard said this way ...

And look who jumped in ,,,,,,I quit you win !!!!! :wink:

Im still waiting for your answer on what team you support?
The Masked Grappler

Post by The Masked Grappler »

I see Owen Sound beat Waterloo, maybe they wont be abysmal afterall.
HockeyFan1111

Post by HockeyFan1111 »

Currently that puts the Greys ahead of Cambridge. Hopefully those fans that were so hard on Owen Sound are not Winter Hawk fans....
Slik27

Post by Slik27 »

Its easy to criticize Owen Sound & their play, but they have no returning Vets do they? And only have this years limit of 7 Imports in their lineup + 11 first year local players. Despite the challenge, they are competing! Consistantly? No-but they will work it out & the addition of 2-3 solid players over the past week have added some depth. They just need to find the chemistry. They already have win #1 under their belts while proven teams, with returning Vets like Lampton Shores & Fort Erie are still searching for their first W.

This year they may not be overly successful, but next year & the year after that it wouldnt suprise me to see them competing not only for the Cherry Cup but be a favourite for the Sutherland.

If I was a betting person, my money would be on the Greys to be doing some intense recruiting over the season & have some talented players show up there next year to play. Combine that with their Affiliation with Villanova & the recipe for success is right there!
Slik27

Post by Slik27 »

Business Studies, Pre-Health Science, Police Foundations, Engineering & even Culinary Arts are available at Georgian College in Owen Sound. Players thinking of moving on to College next year can give some serious consideration to Owen Sound & Jr B Hockey.

http://www.osgreys.com/player_register.php

http://www.georgianc.on.ca/campuses/owensound/
Slik27

Post by Slik27 »

Owen Sound Greys Spring Prospect Camp
April 16th, 2011
Registration begins @ 10:30am & 1st teams take to the ice at 12pm

Please go to http://www.osgreys.com & complete the Prospect Information under the Recruits tab at the top.