Owen Sound Gerys Are Back

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Hockeyguy234

Owen Sound Gerys Are Back

Post by Hockeyguy234 »

The Greys are back and are affiliated with the Villanova Knights Junior A Hockey Team look at this article from the Owen Sound Times.

http://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/Articl ... ?e=2506367
hockeykidb

Re: Owen Sound Gerys Are Back

Post by hockeykidb »

Why affiliate with a team and a league that couldnt beat 75% of Junior B teams if you want to compete???
Hockeyguy234

Post by Hockeyguy234 »

thats quite a comment hockeykidb

if you looked at this past years ojhl standings you will see the villanova knights finished 6th, and took highly ranked georgetown to 6 games before losing to the raiders.

i would agree with last years knights team that would be something one could not argue, but not this year.

which of the 75% of the teams do you think could beat the knights - please tell.
hockeykidb

Post by hockeykidb »

did the fact that the OJHL doesnt exist slip your mind? it is now the OHAJr.A and CCHL, with the CCHL being the better of the two leagues. I have no doubt in my mind that there are 6 teams each from the west and midwest as well as 3 teams in the golden horseshoe that could beat them in a 7 game series. Owen Sound should not waste their time with the Attack there. Fans will always be sparse at Junior B games, which means the same situation is bound to happen again in the next few years.
Hockeyguy234

Post by Hockeyguy234 »

to say that the cchl is better than the ojahl shows you know absolutely nothing about jr a hockey in ontario

you are entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it is. kingston and/or oakville will demolish bowmanville/newmarket. the cchl is a development league and the ojhl (thats what it is called you know) is the real league.
hockeykidb

Post by hockeykidb »

hahahaha, you've got to be kidding me. both newmarket and bowmanville have more ohl draft picks and college commitments than those 2 teams combined. i'm not saying those are bad teams by any stretch of the imagination but neither league is any better than 75 percent of the Junior B teams.
Hockeyguy234

Post by Hockeyguy234 »

sure pal - you will see next week
DMighton

Post by DMighton »

I am the guy who does all the wikipedia for Jr. A and Jr. B... it is OJAHL.... hell, look at their logo. OJHL was dissolved in the summer. In honesty though... you can call it want you want because it is all going to be one league again next year.

Can 75% of the GOJHL beat Villanova? Last year... Yes... This year... No. Maybe the top 2 or 3 from each Conference could this year. There are should-be-Jr.-A teams in the GOJHL... and there are should-be-Jr.-B and C teams in the OHA Jr. A leagues.

The Jr. A and Jr. B leagues need to be realigned. ASAP. Just my opinion. Or the GOJHL should work out a deal with the OHA that allows a certain amount of teams in the GOJHL to declare themselves Jr. A and they playdown separate from the rest of the GOJHL... winner playing for the Buckland Cup.

I'm glad to see the the Greys are back... I hope they fair better this time around.
FiveHole

Post by FiveHole »

OPJHL Tier 2 and Jr B are the same the GOJHL already has amalgamated and are playing interconference games what needs to go is the Tier 2 JR A and call it JR B the only TRUE JR A teams are in the OHL