Guelph @ wloo

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

snocain

Guelph @ wloo

Post by snocain »

Well Canes it had to end sometime and I think you managed to go out with a lot of people proud of the team you developed into. Next year will be another story :D . Your first playoff round was tough being put against a team like the siskins who have enjoyed a lot of success this year. Anyway, it was great watching you and I'll be looking forward to seeing most of you again next season. I'd like to read here what some of you thought of your first year as a new team replacing the Doms.
Just A Fan

Re: Guelph @ wloo

Post by Just A Fan »

It would be very nice to see Guelph be able to get the majority of the players back next year and continue to build on the foundation they started this year. However, lets face facts. At this level you can expect to replace 1/2 your team each year. Players will say now they love it they want to be back etc but they'll get woo'd by the tier 2 promises and leave only to realize the grass isn't greener on the other side. You'll have players leave for school, want to play with their friends etc. It is very rare for teams to have more then 10 players returning each year. Stratford somehow managed to have a large number of players return but that certainly isn't the norm any more.

Hopefully Guelph will continue to build on the foundation they started. It will benefit their organization as well as the league.
The Masked Grappler

Re: Guelph @ wloo

Post by The Masked Grappler »

As long as you run a good program and make it an inviting atmosphere where the kids want to stick around you'll be alright. You're always going to lose a few kids to college/OHL/Tier2, but if everyone is on the same page from an organizational standpoint, from the owners to the coaching staff and on down the line you'll find more kids will be willing to stick around.