Cambridge ticket sales -- reserved or not?

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

GOJHLhockey

Cambridge ticket sales -- reserved or not?

Post by GOJHLhockey »

I went to an early season game in Cambridge and swore I'd never go back. Oh, the arena was great, the fans were friendly, and there was a lot to enjoy. But....the team sells reserved season tickets -- but does not mark which seats they are -- and the rest of the seats were rush seating. Problem is, short of waiting until game time and hoping nobody shows up late, there's no way to know where to sit!! And there's a limited number of good seats there, for those of us who prefer to sit higher!

So are all seats reserved in the playoffs or is it the insane free for all it sounds like? I thought about going tonight, but the hassle seemed too great. Even in regular season, I just stood as I couldn't figure out where to sit!
Just a Hockey Fan

Re: Cambridge ticket sales -- reserved or not?

Post by Just a Hockey Fan »

I've had Seasons tickets for the past 6 years or so, and I still get frustrated when I have to ask a fan to move. Apparently our so called City that really doesn't support hockey, will not allow the club to put any sort of signage on their precious seats. Went to lastnights game and the organizers have put up printed paper signs letting the fans know what seats are reserved in each section. It's a valiant start to something that the city could rectify in a heartbeat. Also the City of Cambridge has rented out the arena to a figure skaking club for our usual Saturday night venue, that's why we've got back to back games this week, with nothing at home for the weekend. :smt014
GOJHLhockey

Post by GOJHLhockey »

Just a Hockey Fan wrote:I've had Seasons tickets for the past 6 years or so, and I still get frustrated when I have to ask a fan to move. Apparently our so called City that really doesn't support hockey, will not allow the club to put any sort of signage on their precious seats. Went to lastnights game and the organizers have put up printed paper signs letting the fans know what seats are reserved in each section. It's a valiant start to something that the city could rectify in a heartbeat. Also the City of Cambridge has rented out the arena to a figure skaking club for our usual Saturday night venue, that's why we've got back to back games this week, with nothing at home for the weekend. :smt014
crazy stuff! And you can't blame fans for being upset if they get there early to get a good seat, get bumped at game time with no way to know they were in the wrong, and end up with nowhere to see the game (I count seats obstructed by nets as not seeing the game). But it's your seat so of course you should bump the fan, you bought season tickets for a reason!

Let me know if they mark them again tonight. I live closer to Cambridge but I'm off to Elmira tonight because it's saner to find a place there! If the reserved seats were always marked like Stratford, or if all seats were reserved, I'd probably go to Cambridge frequently instead of avoiding it at all costs!
Just a Hockey Fan

Post by Just a Hockey Fan »

Well, unless the Hawks can win one in Straty, I don't think either of us will have to worry about any seating issues at the Gardens. Couldn't make last nights game due to a meeting, but I would imagine that the Hawks staff arranged the seating plans again as they did the first game. :smt021