eagles keep winning

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

FiveHole

Re: eagles keep winning

Post by FiveHole »

they couldnt compete in Jr A thats why they have rejects. The sign should read on their building "Brantford Eagles home of the Jr A rejects"
Just a Hockey Fan

Post by Just a Hockey Fan »

The Eagles don't seem to be too Golden the last couple of games. Just maybe they have too many stars, and stuff from the OPJHL & QPJHL. I quess the many fallen players have to nest someplace other than the so called mighty Tier II leaque.
HockeyFan1111

Post by HockeyFan1111 »

I wouldn't worry about the points brantford gets I would worry about the money they spend to get these players. Josh McQuade is the best player in Jr B and the only reason he is in Brantford is the $20 grand they are paying him. I would love to see how much they spent on their 9 or 10 ex OHL kids? They are better than they were last year. (Taken from the the Western discussion)

Anyone want to comment on this? I don't know the finance situation for Brantford at all, but according to PS, they are among the lowest attendance figures in the League. How can they afford to "buy" a team, and yet continue to post low attendance. Or, are the attendance stats completely useless? Any comments?
Maguire25

Post by Maguire25 »

The owners have deep pockets
HockeyFan1111

Post by HockeyFan1111 »

But even with deep pockets, you wouldn't think you'd be spending money left right and center unless you get some return on it. Are they banking on getting huge attendance for the next few seasons just by potentially winning this year?
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

RocketGirl wrote:Speaking of rankings, why are they not doing them this year? Or at least haven't thus far.
They have been found. Someone from the GHL found where they're being done. It's not through the OHA or GOJHL. I think it's somebody independently.

http://myhockeyrankings.com/view_2009_r ... a=2&v=1825
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
HockeyFan1111

Post by HockeyFan1111 »

Interesting link RG, really doesn't tell how they are doing the calculations...
Blades

Post by Blades »

Also noticed that they use wins-losses-ties while our league uses wins-losses-ot losses-so losses
I can't quite figure out how they arrive at their numbers either. Would be helpful if they explained it.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
LincBrass

Post by LincBrass »

They rate teams based upon how well they play against other teams and how good those teams are. These two factors are "AGD" or "average goal differential" and "SCHED" or "strength of schedule".
AGD is currently calculated by accumulating the goal differential of each game, to a maximum of 6, and divides it by the number of games played. Using a max game goal differential of 6 does "penalize" teams that blow out opponents, but this is common in rating systems and discourages running up scores.
The strength of schedule is computed by averaging the rating of each game opponent. AGD and SCHED are added together to compute a team's rating.
go west
HockeyFan1111

Post by HockeyFan1111 »

Thanks Brass. It would be nice if the site would have had a little blurb about that...
LincBrass

Post by LincBrass »

Haha maybe I should have referenced it. I'd love to take credit for it, but someone will figure it out. I took that straight from the site.
go west