eagles keep winning

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

panther692006

eagles keep winning

Post by panther692006 »

eagles are on a 11 game winning streak after beating elmira 6-2
snocain

Re: eagles keep winning

Post by snocain »

Now don't everyone get up and clap at once.
hawkeytalk

Post by hawkeytalk »

Eagles should win. Quite an OHL club they have at B level.
Van Morekerke
Borden
Moore
McQuag
Ryan
Steckly
Ogilvie
Greenside
Stothers
Lazarus
Lynch
Air must be cleaner and quality of life outstanding for all these guys to want to play in Brantford?
The Masked Grappler

Post by The Masked Grappler »

I didn't want to be the first one that said it.
EaglesRock

Post by EaglesRock »

Masked Grappler still wearing the Mask beside the penalty box or are you still waiting for the 2009 Sutherland Cup final to start?
The Masked Grappler

1) Don't compare me to those twats, I have nothing to do with them.

2) I'm extremely proud of what my team accomplished last year, I have no bitterness or regrets. Nice try though.

3) You can say whatever you want, the rest of the league knows you bought your team last year and are doing the same this year. Congrats on winning, but it doesn't change reality.
jr. b fan

Post by jr. b fan »

I don't agree that Brantford bought their team LAST year! Their top players were all young, local & NCAA eligible.
EaglesRock

Post by EaglesRock »

Did I strike a nerve? Sarnia should be proud of their team, the fans were unbelievable. Who are those crazy guys if its not you? How did you come up with The Masked Grappler, seems too much of a coincedence that the Wrestlers are beside the box. The only thing that ticked me off about your fans was after we won 4-2 they were hanging around and one of our mentally challenged helpers were emptying the water bottles and the Lady was screaming "GO HOME RETARD" He was very hurt and I was very embarassed for that Lady because all he wants to do is help the team. You should of seen his face and gratitude when we presented him with a 2009 Sutherland Cup Championship Ring. I will always remember how proud he was. It brought tears to all of our eyes.
GoBlastGo

Post by GoBlastGo »

Your picking what like 5 fans out of the 2000 something fans and keep going on about it, of course there will be idiots in a crowd of people I bet Brantford had a few of their own.

By the way im pretty sure TMG had that name before these guys came to a game I don't think they even came to any games til the playoffs.
Go Legionnaires Go
Blades

Post by Blades »

I can confirm that TMG had his name years before those fans showed up. Those particular set of fans only showed up last season and haven't been seen since (I believe I heard they are now gracing another team with their presence this season). However, MG has been a member of this forum since 2005 and I can confirm that he is NOT one of those who dressed up. IIRC, he didn't sit too close to where those fans sat last season. You know, it really is time to let that stuff go and get on with this season. :mrgreen:
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Sometimes you just can't let things go. You always have to keep it there, ready to throw back into somebody's face.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
GoBlastGo

Post by GoBlastGo »

Joe Vanni sent down from Owen Sound another OHL player.

Did he play for them before or something?
Go Legionnaires Go
panther692006

Post by panther692006 »

joe vanni another local brantford area talent joe is from caledonia make that 12 wins in a row now
HockeyFan1111

Post by HockeyFan1111 »

London is on a 12 game win streak as well... So congrats to both teams, but I'm not going to crown either team as champ yet.... There is a lot of hockey to be played even before playoffs.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

HF1111, London has a better record and more points, so they're the best team in the GOJHL.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
peterpuck

Post by peterpuck »

I agree with Rocketgirl, if you go by winning percent right now London is rated number 1 @ .906 , Brantford is 2nd with a .867 , However London has way less goals against and a lot fewer penalties. Goals for, Brantford has 1 more , but don't get too excited good ole Strathroy has a .857 winning % with fewer games than the other two :smt003
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Yeah, I was trying to be a smart ass. I was trying to be like someone else on here that is a Brantford fan and was on here last year talking about how they were No. 1 in the entire league and were the best team EVER!
Queen of the GOJHL

FiveHole

Post by FiveHole »

RocketGirl wrote:Yeah, I was trying to be a smart ass. I was trying to be like someone else on here that is a Brantford fan and was on here last year talking about how they were No. 1 in the entire league and were the best team EVER!
give credit where credit is due they were #1 last year were they not? I think they still posess the Sutherland Cup if im not mistaken
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Speaking of rankings, why are they not doing them this year? Or at least haven't thus far. Every team has between 12 and 18 games played, therefore they should have enough information to compile the rankings based on the last 10 games for each team.
Queen of the GOJHL

HockeyFan1111

Post by HockeyFan1111 »

Good question RG! I hadn't even thought about those rankings till you mentioned it... I do enjoy looking at them.
Blades

Post by Blades »

The "first week" of rankings last year came out Oct 13th. Perhaps no one wanted to step up and do the stats for it again this year?
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
BLACKHAWKDOWN

Post by BLACKHAWKDOWN »

Yes 'EaglesRock' is trolling and he had a decent haul here. There is no sense in complaining about how Brantford buys their players because over the years there have always been a few teams in nearly every 'amateur' junior league who have done the same thing be it in the form of cash, living arrangements, part-time or full-time job arrangements, help with school tuition, billetting, gas money, top-of-the-line sticks & equipment, etc. etc.

However EaglesRock did bring up a point that if true about the name-calling of the team 'helper', is truly pathetic. Anyone who resorts to that type of behaviour should be banned from all arenas, period.
Dr. Pepper

Post by Dr. Pepper »

[quote="BLACKHAWKDOWN"]Yes 'EaglesRock' is trolling and he had a decent haul here. There is no sense in complaining about how Brantford buys their players because over the years there have always been a few teams in nearly every 'amateur' junior league who have done the same thing be it in the form of cash, living arrangements, part-time or full-time job arrangements, help with school tuition, billetting, gas money, top-of-the-line sticks & equipment, etc. etc.

However EaglesRock did bring up a point that if true about the name-calling of the team 'helper', is truly pathetic. Anyone who resorts to that type of behaviour should be banned from all arenas, period.[/quote[/b]]

I was close enough to witness and hear the comment from the woman that yelled out the inappropriate insult,, and although not at all funny,, myself and several other people could not help but bust a gut laughing at the irony. The woman ( I will not call her a lady ) is herself mentally challanged, ( super fan ) the Sarnia people will know who I mean.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

But that's what Sarnia does. It doesn't matter if they win or if they lose, some of their fans feel the need to say something to you about the game and how your team sucks.
Queen of the GOJHL

dooder

Post by dooder »

rg...i be reeding ur stuf fo yers n u tink u so smart.....u tink u no evrething.....but u dont no nuffin
GoBlastGo

Post by GoBlastGo »

RocketGirl wrote:But that's what Sarnia does. It doesn't matter if they win or if they lose, some of their fans feel the need to say something to you about the game and how your team sucks.
You know it only Sarnia does it though, never Strathroy fans.
Go Legionnaires Go
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I never said that some of our fans don't. I'm sure they do. Every team has fans that do that, but the topic at hand was Sarnia. And when I read a post and make a comment to myself, I tend to post it, so that's what I did. Like most people, if I have a reaction to a post I've read, I'm gonna post back, no matter what it is.

And dooder, I do know what I'm talking about. Now how about you go back to English class and learn how to type and spell grammatically correct. Or is that too big of a word for you?
Queen of the GOJHL

snocain

Post by snocain »

Truly dooder's grammar is sorely lacking but one can still extract the jist of his post if you look at it for a minute. I used to snipe at atrocious grammar until I realized that my comments were no different than suggesting that a person with a speech impediment refrain from taking part in a conservation. So I stopped. I'm not saying I agree with dooder, but I'll stick up for him/her in that respect.
panther692006

Post by panther692006 »

eagles have added thomas middup to there he coming from gatineau qmjhl
The Masked Grappler

Brantford should just move up to Jr. A since they seem so hell bent and determined to field an OHL team.