divison finals

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

panther692006

divison finals

Post by panther692006 »

game 1 kitchener at brantford fri march 27th 730 at lions park
game 2 brantford at kitchener sun march 29th 230 at kitchener aud
game 3 kitchener at brantford tues march 31st 730 at ohsweken
game 4 brantford at kitchener wed april 1st 700 at kitchener aud
game 5 kitchener at brantford thurs april 2nd 730 at civic center
game 6 brantford at kitchener sat april 4th 700 at kitchener aud
game 7 kitchener at brantford mon april 6th 730 at civic center
RocketGirl

Re: divison finals

Post by RocketGirl »

I'm gonna go for the underdog on this one.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Blades

Post by Blades »

Noticing that this series ends on a Monday. Isn't that a bit late? Does anyone know the supposed "cut-off" date for when this round is supposed to finish up?
Seem to recall having a discussion last season about how one league (now conference) finished late.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
panther692006

Post by panther692006 »

all series in the finals are suppose to start from march 24th to april 7th u get 14days to play all 7 games
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Blades wrote:Seem to recall having a discussion last season about how one league (now conference) finished late.
I think that had to do with their regular season. I remember before we merged to become 1 league that the other conferences' schedules ran an extra week compared to ours, so we'd be mid-way through the 1st round, or in some cases done, before they even started play-offs. But this year, we're all running at the same time. We all finished our regular seasons the same weekend and started each round the same week.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Blades

Post by Blades »

Thanks much for settling that straight for me.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Talking about schedules, the GHL schedule has been set, but apparently the Falls can't get ice time for Fri., which is game 2, and are trying to get ice time for Sat and want Stoney Creek to re-schedule game 3, which is set for Sunday. As was commented, when setting a schedule, would you not confirm with the arena on the days that the ice is available?
Queen of the GOJHL

Blades

Post by Blades »

I don't see why there would be a problem moving the Friday game to Saturday and playing back to back Sat/Sun rather than a Thur/Fri. What would be the big deal of moving the Fri game to Sat instead? Unless it's a problem booking transportation?
I too would have thought they would ensure arena dates before agreeing to a schedule. I'm guessing that's why it took a bit longer for London & Sarnia to hammer out their schedule. Better to take extra time and get it done correctly for everyone concerned.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Apparently it's been worked out. Buddy who posted it on the GHL forum, he got his weeks mixed up, but he said the issue has been worked out.
Queen of the GOJHL

RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I see some funky things are goin' on with Pointstreak tonight. I'm guessing that the Brantford Civic Centre doesn't have internet, because there's no data for their game tonight, and there wasn't for their last game either. But the funky thing is the GHL game, says the final is 0-0, but when you look at the game sheet, it has full data, with a final of 6-1 for Stoney Creek.
Queen of the GOJHL

tinyman71

Post by tinyman71 »

nOPE THE CIVIC CENTER IS FINE THEY PLAYED THE GAME IN OSHWEKAN AND THERE IS NO INTERNET THERE
FiveHole

Post by FiveHole »

Brantford goalie made it on TSN 8 seconds left scored an empty netter
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I didn't look at what arena they were playing in, all I could remember was the Civic Centre, but figured they were playing at an arena that didn't have the internet connection for them to run Pointstreak, or they have a desktop computer for it and couldn't/wouldn't move it over to the other arena.
Queen of the GOJHL